Roush Suprised noboy mentioned this coupe

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
NJ
I'm guessing the 18,000 was a bit much of a BIN.

I do like the car, but i have no clue what the real value is.

Did the SSP saleens have autos or 5 speeds?

I do realize this is not one, i'm just curious on if that was a dead giveaway to some of you.

To only of gone to 9k, is something wrong with it?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm guessing the 18,000 was a bit much of a BIN.

I do like the car, but i have no clue what the real value is.

Did the SSP saleens have autos or 5 speeds?

I do realize this is not one, i'm just curious on if that was a dead giveaway to some of you.

To only of gone to 9k, is something wrong with it?

Was this the white one in PA? The white, gray '88 coupe?

The Damerow cars are/were all 5-speeds with no power door locks or windows.

I think $9,000 is pretty strong for a Saleen coupe that needs a restoration.

In some ways the Damerows are more common, like they're the SSCs of the coupe body style, but they have that interesting Dave Frezza story of how the Special Service '88 Saleen coupes came to be.

The Damerows have intrigue.

As a side note. There is one white Special Service '89 Saleen coupe with an automatic trans.

Though I will second your question, if anyone knows the details of the white coupe on Ebay (that I can't find).

My bad, i forgot to add the link
It's hard to tell if it needs restoration.
Some of my concerns would be that crappy ass bbk or mac intake, the rip in the seat (can that really happen in 60,000 miles?) and the gauge tastelessly mounted under the dash.

I think I see a line of screws going across the rear valence panel.

I looked at 88-0031, that was located in PA. A white hatch. It was a low mile (30K?), one owner car that looked like it sat outside for 20 years.

The wear in the seat can happen. Depends on the owner(s) and how sloppy they would get in or out and/or if the material is rotting.

Looks like this coupe was painted. I think I see overspray or a tape line on the serialization plate.

Neat car though. Could have 160,000 miles or people just forgot that it was/is special.

Maybe someone here looked at this car or knows of it? :shrug:

Also take a look at the front bumper number, the yellow of the bumper trim is seriously coming through, and the number is very faded.
The rear valence is stained with exhaust from the tailpipes too.
So yeah, i guess it does need restoring.
I guess these reasons are why the bidding didn't go so high.

I'm starting to think the first time someone puts a saleen on ebay, it's to see what they can get for it, and the actually BIN or asking is far higher than anyone would bid.

Lol, the passenger side headrest is just on backwards! Anyway, this car looks really beat. All of the aforementioned reasons, but also the pics/location. Without coming off like a snob, take a look at the house and the garage, the coupe is in about the same condition!! Pics taken in a muddy dirt yard don't exactly add to the appeal, either. Wash and buff the car and take some decent pics, in an actual paved parking lot, and you would probably get a lot more interest. Looks like a $6-7K car, to me, in need of several thousand dollar$$ worth of restoration.... but still a very worthy candidate!