Suspension 2001 Gt conv

Jun 3, 2019
Calabash, NC
Morning all, I got an ‘01 gt convertible a few months back. I’m trying to find a lowering springs set, but it seems that most of not all I find won’t fit a convertible.

Is there a lowering kit that is someone has had success with that will fit a convertible?

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors(?)

stormsedge

Jun 17, 2018
E. TN
I decided against lowering my 2000 GT convertible largely due to a very steep driveway approach...but I was seriously considering the Ford G springs that are specifically for convertibles. Link below.

As for the rest of a suspension "kit", I have Koni STR.T's, SR sway bars and shock tower braces, Southside Machine bolt in frame connectors and Maximum HD rear LCA with Ford replacements UCAs that are rubber bushed. All the body flex is gone...corners like a go-cart.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2002
Broke
www.steeda.com
Dont get H&R Supersport verts. The front of my car was slammed and scraped. I still have them in the rear where they are fine. I put Roush springs up front and they are good.

Id try these. Reviews and pics are good. Meant for verts.

I would get these regardless of spring type. Your stock isolators will be trash. These may reduce the drop just slightly too.

If you dont have upgraded sway bars, just get these. The difference is amazing.

GDawg

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
Colorado Springs, CO
I originally installed H&R Supersports but as was said, the front ended up being too low. So I sold them and bought the Eibach Pro Kit. I really like the drop. I do scrape occasionally but mostly because I have a chin spoiler.

rMibHgqamIE-UA?width=1200&height=858&cropmode=none.jpg

Reactions: 007