Suspension advice needed!

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
Well I sold my 94 and want to take part of the money and do some suspension stuff to the 99.

Anyway i have about 2,000 to spend, I already have CC plates, subframes and shocks/springs.

I was thinking maybe either upgraded cobra brakes, a panhard bar maybe...lower control arms...

Any ideas? I'm wanting to beef up the suspension some to make it feel more solid/safe on the street...

• Sponsors (?)

Cobra brakes are a really nice upgrade. I'd definately recommend those. Especially since you have a ton of power already. Your stock brake are inadequate.

LCAs are nice. It firmed up the rear end. Thats the best I can describe it.

STB is cheap if you have 2k to spend. That helps a little. Again its not a huge difference.

Those would be about a grand. Do them and a panhard bar, and youll really improve the car a lot.

CHEAP SUSPENSION

I went cheap on mine. But it hooks good. And it looks much better than factory. But it still rides like factory.
This is what i did:
Stock shocks and struts
Remove quads
BBK subframes-$100.00
FMS B springs with the front lower rubbers removed- $150.00
steeda boxed stock style uppers with poly replacement rearend bushings-$100.00
Put steeda poly bushings in the stock Lowers- $65.00

It takes some work with a drill to get the old rubber bushings out. But money is tight so I had to go cheap. And the car feels much more responsive. Also hooks better, and has a cool rake to the frontend. But it's not slammed.