Suspension package ordered for my 97 GT

fordtruck696

Nov 18, 2018
Illinois
I've been wanting to upgrade the suspension on my 97 for a few years now. I ordered Bilstein struts/shocks with Eibach Pro-kit springs. I can't wait to install them. I already have subframe connectors. Any install tips you'd like to share? I've read a lot of install articles. I have air tools and a good selection of tools.

• Sponsors (?)

Think "safety" when dealing with the coil springs and don't try to cut corners. Speaking of cutting...my impact wrench didn't spin abruptly/fast enough to break the top strut nuts loose...a sawzall with a demo or hacksaw blade makes short work of it.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't cut the old strutsand shocks. Hold the impact at an angle instead of directly on the nut. Try to force it bind up. You canget those off without destroying them. Or have a buddy wear a glove and hold onto the strut rod or upper shock while you hit it with the impact.

Keep jacks under the control arms and lower them down slowly once the arm is free to control the coil spring. Keep a distance if possible. Use sprng compressors if available..