Suspension quests + MORE PROBS

vladasap

Apr 26, 2006
nyc, ny
Im trying to get lowering springs?? what is a good set for around 200? *and how would I go about lowerin the front 2" and the back only 1" any sets come like this or no???

As for a prob im having....the car jerks back and fotrth when its rolling on its own in gear, everytime i try to take off light it jerks first and then goes???
ps- my voltage moves with my RPMS in these situations and my alternator reading was bout 12.6 and all my lights dim until the RPMs rise..... AND BTW i have a slight engine vibration at idle NOW is alternator messing with the engine causing the jerks and vibrations or is my engine not working properly slowing the alt down??!!!!
PLEASE HELPP :shrug:
thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Check to see if the elastometer (sp?) in your harmonic ballancer is coming out from between the two iron parts. A bad ballancer could be the cause of your slight vibration at idle, and it could potentially cause improper timing readings when setting the distributor. If the timing is set too low, it could be why the rpm's are too low to allow the alternator to properly charge at idle and also cause it to buck at low rpm's.
Thats a shot in the dark, but its possible.
At what rpm does it idle at? Do you have underdrive pulleys?

it idles about 850 steady and yea i do have u/d puilleys - i know they can be causing this but the same thing happened even when i put the stockers back on ..... how can i check the harmonic balancer?? i dunno where it is or how to locate it or check if its good? PICS would great thanks

Attachments

• balancer-1.JPG
    balancer-1.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 106