SWEEET!!! Check out this Skyline

slytherin said:
I thought Skylines weren't allowed in the states due to emissions or something of that nature. Anyway very nice!

If you pay the money you can get them over here. Emissions is part of the problem.

Motorex sells them... You have to go through expensive dealers that have crashed 3 of them in testing... Not cheap for the dealers...

http://www.motorex.net/skyline.html

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=59326

http://www.j-garage.com/sale/usedcars/us.htm

You have to bend over for the Gov, and pay a $8K+ emissions changeover.

For your information, here is a link of the US importing information.
EPA : http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/quikover.htm
DOT : http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/
US customs : http://www.customs.ustreas.gov/xp/cgov/import/

• Sponsors (?)

I never understood why people exhalt the Skyline so much. Yes, it's a nice car. I do not understand what makes it better than a 300ZX TT, Supra TT, RX-7 turbo, or 3000 GT VR4, besides the fact that it's not sold over here and has a certain "exotic" appeal.

The Skyline as it sits from the factory does not outperform the above mentioned cars, nor does it have any greater potential for future performance.

Anyway, while I like and respect cars in the Skyline mold, yah'll can keep them. I'll take my cheap parts, V8 torque, and American heritage..

Engel said:
I couldn't imagine shifting with my left hand that would be sooo wierd.

my freind got sponsored by HKS and they imported a silvia(the japanese 240sx) for him, right hand drive. HKS modded it quite nicely and it makes over 400 hp. ive driven it and it is weird as hell. forget the shifting feeling, the hard part is stayin in your lane! :D

a 600 hp supra would own most everyone on this board. plus the cool factor is increased because they are easy to make faster and the stock bottom end can handle 1000hp.

What do a 400hp, a 600hp, an 800hp, and a 1000hp Supra all have in common?

They all run 12s. :rofl:

There is a difference between being able to make lots of power and being able to apply that power towards moving your vehicle quickly. The Supra is great at the former but not so great at the latter.

Yes, the stock Supra bottom end can handles lots of power. No, a Supra is not easier to "make faster" than a 5.0L Mustang. In my humble opinion, the only cars that really might be easier to "make faster" than 5.0L when it comes to real, high level drag racing performance are big block or small block Chevys.

Swarzkopf said:
I never understood why people exhalt the Skyline so much. Yes, it's a nice car. I do not understand what makes it better than a 300ZX TT, Supra TT, RX-7 turbo, or 3000 GT VR4, besides the fact that it's not sold over here and has a certain "exotic" appeal.

The Skyline as it sits from the factory does not outperform the above mentioned cars, nor does it have any greater potential for future performance.

Anyway, while I like and respect cars in the Skyline mold, yah'll can keep them. I'll take my cheap parts, V8 torque, and American heritage..

Think of it in terms like this...... Girls are hott, Hott girls can be found almost anywhere but what makes some girls more appealing to guys more then other ones? Think of all the hott girls that were in your school ( H.S/College) and how often you got to see or talk w/ them, what makes them diffrent then for example Jessica simpson or Brittney spears? They are by no means the hottest girls on earth, go to FL on spring break or pick up any maxium magazine but they are drooled over more then other girls just b/c they are unatainable. Just like a skyline for most people who have never even seen one in person.

I never said I was going to trade in my Stang and Import a skyline over here. It dosent matter how it preforms and how much HP it has, its just the fact that is such a rare car to see over here in the US. Not like you see one everyday while going to the supermarket.

94gts said:
a 600 hp supra would own most everyone on this board. [\QUOTE]

So would a 600 horsepower Mustang! :stupid: I can get my Mustang to 600 hp a hell of a lot faster and cheaper than that a frinkin Supra. There is one at my local track that runs 11's. Anybody want to guess how much $$ he has invested in it?? Try $30,000 not including the price of the car. Do you know what 30,000 would do to my Mustang? If I didn't run an eight I would burn it to the ground. You can keep your import tuner trash. Give me a big V-8 rear wheel drive American Muscle car anyday.

Swarzkopf said:

From what I understand the awd system it uses is one of the if not the most advanced one in production. Also im pretty sure the motor is similar to the supra in the sense that the stock bottom end can take a whole lot. In the end I think the greatest appeal is that it is not available over here. I would much rather import something like this.

GT-P 5.4 32 Valve 6 speed
355_1x24x200382610PM.jpg

or
F6 Typhoon 4.0 v6 turbo with a 6 speed
827_16x04x2004111428AM.jpg

:flag: Ford needs to bring some of these over. Oh yeah I would list the hp and tq ratings but its all in newtons and kilowatts, but I know they are impressive from a few videos and pics I have seen.

From what I understand the awd system it uses is one of the if not the most advanced one in production.

For it's time, I guess the drivetrain was pretty top notch. Nowadays, seems to me that the STI AWD system is at least equal if not superior to it, based on my limited knowledge. I know that my buddy with the 2005 STI is real gung-ho about his drivetrain, and the adjustable power distribution on the console...

I never said I didn't respect cars like the Skyline, just that I didn't see the appeal beyond the fact that they're "exotic".

mikeflys1 said:
I was wondering with a right hand drive car....does the shifter say the same with first gear to the left or is the pattern reversed so its closest to the driver?

think of it this way, sit in ur passenger seat and shift, thats how it is in a skyline. 1st gear is on ur left and 5th gear is close to you