T-3650 blew 3rd and 4th gear :(

SCalla1384

Oct 14, 2008
Well last saturday I took the Stang out for a spin. Didnt get on it, just driving it around. I was going to downshift and I thought I missed 3rd, so tried again. Wouldnt hit 3rd gear. I was like wtf. So Then all of a sudden 4th gear ***** the bed too.

So I get home, pull the shifter. I had never installed the shifter that was in it, who ever had it before me put it in. And I knew it was wrong but never thought anything of it. It wasnt put in all the way and it had like a half inch of play in it. So it would move up and down like a half inch.

So Im assuming what had happen was that it wasnt in gear all the way so it was just grinding synchros and gears. So I took it to the dealership and there fixing it.

I give them a call the next day they tell me 3rd and 4th gear is blown. So I said ok, is it getting rebuilt? He said nope, ordering a brand new tranny for it :rlaugh:

Thank god it was warranteed, all I had to pay was a $50 deductable or whatever

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you bent a shift fork. Be careful with aftermarket shifters and tr-3650's, they have internals stops and most shifters have some extra stops themselves. They are more than ok to use, you just have to adjust them all the way out.

But man you got lucky on that fix!