t-45 sticks in 4th

mustangmatt7098

Nov 1, 2010
one night out of the blue I was driving home from work and when I went to shift out of 4th it needed a little more effort to get it out of gear, I had it back in fourth after I made my turn and it didn't do it again that night.

it does it randomly every once and a while, and it just started out of the blue, I don't take the car over 3.5k rpm or dump the clutch or anything. It also isn't grinding gears at all, just the notchyness that's always been there. It doesn't do it in any other gear, and its not hard to get out just needs more of a nudge than the other gears.

I'm also wondering if the squeak that I have when the clutch is engaged is somehow linked? Its a high pitched squeak that started about a month after the clutch was replaced and it happens in all gears including neutral weather its moving or not and it goes away when the clutch is disengaged.

I've owned this car since 6-25-10

• Sponsors (?)

To clarify: You say you have a "squeak ... when the clutch is engaged": Do you mean when the clutch pedal is depressed (in which case the clutch is disengaged) or when the pedal is released (in which case the clutch is engaged)?

If it's the former (pedal down to the floor) it's probably the TOB.

If it's the latter, you might want to check the transmission fluid level...

Pedal to the floor and it doesn't make a noise, release the pedal and it starts squeaking.

Someone told it the main input bearing, and I really don't feel like tearing into another transmission.