• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

T-5 Bearing Retainer

  • Thread starter Thread starter ike34
  • Start date Start date Nov 5, 2008
I

ike34

Member
Jan 16, 2004
156
12
19
Waterloo, IA
Nov 5, 2008
#1
  • Nov 5, 2008
  • #1
Im in the middle of installing a new clutch in my car, I went to change the front bearing retainer last night and the new one I ordered wont work. I have picture to show the difference, the shims and back of the bearing wont fit into the new one. The one on the left is the one I took off my trans and its center section diameter is a 1/16th of an inch bigger than the one on the left.

Anybody know where I can get the one I need?



Here the part number on it
 

Attachments

  • dsc0280lt7.webp
    164.2 KB · Views: 269
  • dsc0283sl1.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 131
I

ike34

Member
Jan 16, 2004
156
12
19
Waterloo, IA
Nov 5, 2008
#2
  • Nov 5, 2008
  • #2
I figured something out just a little bit ago, I looked up my trans tag numbers, and I have a 2.3L trans from an 87-89 to my surprise!
 

1987stangman

Member
Jul 12, 2006
684
24
19
Nov 5, 2008
#3
  • Nov 5, 2008
  • #3
Yep. the retainers are not the same from the world class T5 to the 4cyl. But I have seen peeps use the 4 cyl trannys behind the V8's.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Drivetrain 8.8 Pinion and 302 rear main seal leaks after replacing. 93 5.0 with t-5
  • Steigy4827
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
772
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 1, 2026
Steigy4827
S
C
Drivetrain T-5 transmission issue
  • Ch3No2
  • Jul 11, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
441
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2025
2000xp8
K
TKX Transmission Shifting Problem
  • KWC156
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • Other Auto Tech
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
3K
Other Auto Tech Jun 13, 2026
427nostang
4
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
220
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
340
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?