T-5 Compatibility/Crazy Allignment

fastfutura

New Member
Jun 23, 2005
29
0
0
Flagstaff, AZ
I am interested in purchasing a 94 cobra t-5 to install in my 1989 LX 5.0. Is it possible to do this? I know the input shaft and retainer is longer but can they simply be replaced with the shorter length components? My stock tranny grinds pretty bad in second and if I can get a better tranny to rebuild I will. I just don't want to get stuck with a tranny I can't use.

Also, my Mustang pulls hard to the left, even after numerous allignments. It is a bone stock Mustang with Goodyear GT II tires. The tires are not wearing unusually. The faster I go the harder it pulls. Would I be able to correct this with camber plates or does anyone know what could be wrong. I don't think the brakes are dragging and the suspension is in good shape.

This is my first post here. I have had my car almost a year and I am hesitant to put any cash towards modifying it if it keeps pulling hard to the left. It is very annoying and unsafe. I also need to change my heater core out. I can't justify keeping my car let alone spending money modifying it if I can't get it to go straight down the road. I would appreciate any suggestions.
 
instead of swaping the imput shaft you can just run the 94/95 5.0 bellhousing. also you might need a different D/S if you do that though.

might sound dumb but have you checked tire pressure? mine pulled to the right, i checked pressure and evend em both out and its been fine since
 
What is a D/S?

If I used the 94-95 bell housing, would that move the shifter back a little? Would that be a problem? What is a D/S?

I have checked my tire pressure a whole bunch of times. One guy who looked at it said it looked like the rear tires were off a little. He drove it and said it felt like the rear was pushing right making it drift left. I am going to get that checked out. One guy suggested camber plates in order to be able to get the alignment to compensate for the pull but I was wary of having my allignment out of factory specs.