t-bird, lincoln and pickup truck heads...will they work?

undercnstrction

Nov 10, 2009
will these heads work on a foxbody from either of these cars? are they different than what came on a fox 5.0? a friend of mine was at the local bone yard yesterday and said it looked like the heads on those cars are aluminum. are they better than stock? will they bolt up? what about the heads off of the pickup trucks? it's rare to get a v8 explorer, but there are quite a few v8 tbirds, lincolns and pickups.

• Sponsors (?)

The fox-based tbird heads would likely be a downgrade, the 91+ 5.0 tbirds I believe used the same E7 H.O. heads that came on foxes. Not sure on the Lincoln heads but I'd assume they would not be an upgrade in performance either, I don't think any of these were ever aluminum. The truck heads are actually what the 87+ E7 heads were modeled after but with larger valves so again less performance to be had there. As far as a stock 5.0 head is concerned I believe the E7's offered the highest HP rating stock.

Take a magnet to any head that someone claims to be aluminum. If the magnet sticks to the head, offer to trade some land in Atlantis, complete with an ocean view for the heads...

Magnets don't stick to aluminum :D