T45 To T56 Swap

I am getting ready to purchase a re-manufactured T-56 from Ford still in the box. I want it swap it into my 1999 GT. I know the drive shaft will have to be replaced or altered and I will need a new cross member. Will the original flywheel and clutch work? I just had a new Centerforce unit installed a few thousand miles ago. What else will I have to replace?
Thanks!
Ben

• Sponsors (?)

From what I can tell both are a 10 spline. The diameter of the cobra clutch is slightly larger than the GT. But as long as the bell housing matches, I think I can go with the GT setup. I was hoping someone had done the swap recently and could let me know what parts would be needed.

Pretty sure the bell housing is different. I know the Magnum T56 is different, but that's not what you have. That's why I'm not 100% sure. If the mounting face of your T56 is roundish and has more than 4 bolt holes, it's different.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

3re3Kd3L65ra5F55t2d6q4e4f62b2d4951372.jpg

Modular motors have the same trans bolt pattern on the back of the block. Since that T56 has the bellhousing with it you should be fine. I thought you wanted to know about bolting your T45 bell to the T56, and that won't work.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2