T5 shift lever choices

Rapid

Mar 31, 2005
Columbia, SC
I would like to get the K.A.R. lever that comes back and up but am using a "HumphuggerCruiser" console. Any one using that combination?

How much of the T5s shifter comes up through the tunnel? (w/o the lever)

OR,

Suggestions on other shifter that ae easy to reach / use. I have ape arms but the wife does not and she funded this project!

Pictures?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm in the process of doing my T5 conversion at the moment.

In my '70 the top of the T5 shifter boot sits approx 1" below the tunnel. The shifter (without lever) comes up about 1" above the tunnel.

BUT, I built my own crossmember and I don't know where it puts the T5 height at compared to some of the conversion corssmembers they sell. I could easily move it 1.5" higher, but I'm pretty certain that would cause havoc with the driveline angle.

I'm in the process of doing my T5 conversion at the moment.

In my '70 the top of the T5 shifter boot sits approx 1" below the tunnel. The shifter (without lever) comes up about 1" above the tunnel.

BUT, I built my own crossmember and I don't know where it puts the T5 height at compared to some of the conversion corssmembers they sell. I could easily move it 1.5" higher, but I'm pretty certain that would cause havoc with the driveline angle.

I'm going with the Modern Driveline crossmember. I can play it saf for now and just get something to get buy with until I have it all together. Hurst has many different "Shift Sticks" and one should work.

Good luck and thanks!

Modern Driveline carries an original style shifter that bolts to the T5. This is the one I used in my 68:
TRA-068-200%201

They also carry the classic style shifter knob:
TRA101-102

I love the classic style and you would never know the car has a 5 speed without looking closely at the knob. My car has the original factory console and the location of the shifter is perfect.