t5 swap

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not positive but I think you may have to swap out the input shaft and adjust for clearance of the shifter through the tunnel .So your going from auto to stick ?
Why not just find a t-5 and bh from an sn95 ?
I've done a t-5 swap in a fox years ago and it was pretty straight forward. Trans, pedals, bell, clutch cable. flywheel, clutch and p-plate, shifter, shifter ring and boot. Afain that's about it.

Last edited:
I'm not positive but I think you may have to swap out the input shaft and adjust for clearance of the shifter through the tunnel.
That's only if OP's T5 is from a Fox and he's putting it in an SN-95. It's definitely something for OP to look for if he hasn't bought a T5 yet.

A few things to know about the swap:
* You can re-use your transmission crossmember, they're identical on all 94-95 Mustangs. I dropped a Cobra V8 & T5 into a 94 V6 AODE chassis, and I used the AODE crossmember. Side by side, they're identical.
* The T5 uses an adapter bracket from the T5 tranny mount to the crossmember. This same adapter mount also has mounting points for the rubber exhaust hangers. Most folks don't realize that this adapter mount exists, so they think they have the wrong crossmember.
* T5 cars have a metal bracket welded inside the car to the transmission tunnel that the shifter boot bolts to. AODE cars do not have this bracket. When I did my swap, I had a donor Cobra so I was able to cut out this bracket and weld it to my AODE chassis. Without this bracket, there's no place to mount the shifter boot and you'll have to figure something out.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user