T5 to a AOD

gofast_beloud

Apr 5, 2005
I have a feeling my T5 is guna blow here pretty quick. Second gear is giving me problems. Im thinking of going to C6 with a shift kit and what not. Or if I can find a tremec for a decent price and kms. If i do decide to go to a AOD, what work is required?

• Sponsors (?)

gofast_beloud said:
I have a feeling my T5 is guna blow here pretty quick. Second gear is giving me problems. Im thinking of going to C6 with a shift kit and what not. Or if I can find a tremec for a decent price and kms. If i do decide to go to a AOD, what work is required?

Any particular reason you're looking to go away from a manual trans? a decent AOD trans will cost in the neighborhood of what a replacement 'heavy duty' T-5 will.

Yea good AOD & converter would cost close to what a new Tremec would cost. Plus not mention cooler, lines, shifter, pedal assembly & other needed parts. I am not saying don't do it, but don't do it unless, you get a decent tranny. Could have one built, and that would cost around $1K if you get an afertmarket valvebody. If like swapping gears goo ahead and get het Tremec orheavy duty T-5..