Tattoos?

buhjuh16

Mar 17, 2004
Glasgow, KY
I know i dont post much on here, but im always reading the threads and thought i'd ask for some opinions since everyone here shares some common interests. My girlfriend is getting a tattoo saturday and i've really been thinking alot about getting one too. Nothing big maybe something on my back shoulder blade. At first I was wanting to get either a Mustang pony with the american flag waving in it or a ford emblem. Well I kept thinking and then thought well what if for some reason i ended up not owning a mustang or owning a WS6 or something else. I dont care much for GM but as far as cars go, if its fast i like it. So then i started thinking what would resemble speed, adrenelin rushes, horsepower? And honestly I really couldnt think of anything. Any ideas??

• Sponsors (?)

When I was trying to decide on my first tat, I wanted to do a skull with pistons and rods crossing. My artist would not do this because its a symbol for a biker gang called the outlaws (which I did not know) You could try and find an artist to do something like that or instead of pistons and rods you could do wrenches crossing. I like skulls so thats why I suggested that. I ended up changing my design to a skull with flames. I have that on my upper right arm and on my left arm I just did a japanese dragon & water. I will be adding to the skull down the road.

My dragon: http://www.ratemyink.com/?action=ssp&pid=21605

My skull: http://www.ratemyink.com/?action=ssp&pid=14679

A mustang emblem (NOT MINE) http://www.ratemyink.com/?action=ssp&pid=10681 and http://www.ratemyink.com/?action=ssp&pid=4187

Only advice I have..........think hard about what it will mean to you and how it will look when your 40/50......was it a phase or something that will hold meaning to you for life...........other than that.......get something drawn or adapted.......original.....not off the wall of a tattoo shop......
good luck with the choice.......

dont get it! dude only get a tat if it really means something..you will look like total trash with this kind of tat....get something that really means something to you. only thing that could be worse would be your girls name.my advice my be too late

I've got 2 right now, and i'm about to get another, and when i come back from deployment, my 4th. right now, i've got a tribal band on my upper right arm (mistake, i have somebody drawing a cover up) I have a cross on my left forearm that has a saying in a banner over the top, and under the bottom that says "Be Strong and of Good Courage" I'm about to get a tattoo on my right forearm of a Grim Reaper with his tattered black cape blowing behind him in the wind, and his Scythe dripping blood. after deployment, it's a Skull, with 2 pistons (the pistons are flaming at the top) and in the middle it's got a gear, the gear represents my job in the Navy, the skull and pistons represent my love for cars... i'll check and see if i got pics later.

Grn92LX said:
93wannabe, you have good taste in ink ;)

Got any pics? Be sure to get pics of the reaper!

Thanks, here's a bad pic of the cross on left forearm. don't worry about my upper arm, lol... i'll get back to you with my reaper pic when i get it.
tattoo.jpg

I wouldn't get something on your shoulder. That sounds kinda fruity to me.

I was going to get tribal on my shoulder down my arm but I decided against it. Maybe if I was more ripped and wasn't a business major.

But if I start taking "supplements" like I planned I might get something anyways.

93GTWannabe said:
Thanks, here's a bad pic of the cross on left forearm. don't worry about my upper arm, lol... i'll get back to you with my reaper pic when i get it.
tattoo.jpg

what rate are you? i had gotten so much **** for having "mom" on my right forearm, and it can be covered by my hand. Im an ET3

17yrOldStanger said:
what rate are you? i had gotten so much **** for having "mom" on my right forearm, and it can be covered by my hand. Im an ET3

I'm an Udesignated Airman right now, I take the E4 exam for EN3 on the 21st of this month. My cross can be covered by my hand, the reaper won't be able to, but the Navy can kiss my ass. I've never had anyone say anything about my cross, in fact, most of my Khaki's like it :shrug:

Good luck in the airforce. I'd be there if I could.

I tried getting into the Army and Guard. With 4 years of college and a 95 on my ASVAB I was going in as an e4. However my hearing held me back. I couldn't get in. I may try again since **** seems to be getting even worse now. They will take 40+ year olds now so it must be getting crazy.

I'm 22, 5' 9'', 175lbs, workout daily....comon Uncle SAM!

MustangGT95 said:
Good luck in the airforce. I'd be there if I could.

I tried getting into the Army and Guard. With 4 years of college and a 95 on my ASVAB I was going in as an e4. However my hearing held me back. I couldn't get in. I may try again since **** seems to be getting even worse now. They will take 40+ year olds now so it must be getting crazy.

I'm 22, 5' 9'', 175lbs, workout daily....comon Uncle SAM!

how were you able to score E4??? I scored a 92 on my ASVAB and was offered Nuke and that would only get me E3.... for navy

i didnt think the army or a/f offered accelerated advancement

I broke 3 vertabe in my back in a dirtbike accident, I had it tattood' on my back since at least I can show it off this way. I will have pain from it the rest of my life. I was very VERY lucky though.

View attachment 442596

I need to get it shaded still but I need to find a guy who will do it, as the guy who did the outline is now in Hawaii. I plan on either getting a tribal boarder in a V shape but have been thinking of doing some script in a barbwire like font of dates and events in my life in a V also. I want to wait until I have children (a few years off still I hope) so I can add birthdates and other biggies to it though.

The army takes 40+ now...wow I thought about going in, if my back/I would/could slide buy.