Team Shinoda and Boss

stangerdrew0716

Nov 20, 2003
I dont really remember how, but I stumbled onto Team Shinoda's website, and I was fairly intrigued. Where do they stand with you guyz? That is, Team Shinoda, and Boss. Like, for example, but i may lose some of you. A lot of my friends are into tuning BMW's. There are these two companies, Dinan, and AC Schnizter. These names carry some major weight with most BMW tuners. After checking out their website, and noticing like, u need a certain amount of "Boss" stuff on you stang for you to become part of Team Shinoda. What do you guyz think of Boss? They had a couple of things i was thinking of picking up...and just wanted to get some feed back as to what ya'll think.

In case ur wondering...i want to get the chin spoiler, rear spoiler, and exhaust...actually...another question. Anyone hear anything, good OR bad about their exhaust systems?

• Sponsors (?)

Overpriced... no comparison with Dinan and SC (though they are ALSO overpriced). BOSS stuff is just a disgrace to the original Boss cars. Mostly stickers and crap like chin spoilers that are 5 times more than what you would pay for a Mach 1 chin spoiler. BOSS is NOT a respected name in Mustang-land anymore, exept of course if it is an old BOSS Mustang or the 800ish hp Orange one :)

Info on TS

stangerdrew0716 said:
I dont really remember how, but I stumbled onto Team Shinoda's website, and I was fairly intrigued. Where do they stand with you guyz? That is, Team Shinoda, and Boss. Like, for example, but i may lose some of you. A lot of my friends are into tuning BMW's. There are these two companies, Dinan, and AC Schnizter. These names carry some major weight with most BMW tuners. After checking out their website, and noticing like, u need a certain amount of "Boss" stuff on you stang for you to become part of Team Shinoda. What do you guyz think of Boss? They had a couple of things i was thinking of picking up...and just wanted to get some feed back as to what ya'll think.

In case ur wondering...i want to get the chin spoiler, rear spoiler, and exhaust...actually...another question. Anyone hear anything, good OR bad about their exhaust systems?
Well to begin with TS is now an organization. SPV (Shinoda Performance Vehicles) is the company. You dont even have to own a Boss to join TS.

Shinoda cars are not just stickers anymore.

And have not been for years.

Shinoda has built a 600+ hp street legal twin turbo beast that should debut in Pensacola Fl and next at the Mustang birthday bash in Nashville TN in April 04. The only thing close to feeling what this car is going to be like is being shot off the deck of an aircraft carrier.

They are building cars which exceed the specs of both Saleen and Rousch and cost less.

Dont listen to people on this forum cause' they don't know much about the Boss history, or the late Boss creator Larry SHINODA or his legacy. They just make assumptions and try to diseminate misinformation and opinion as truth.

Look into the cars yourself and you decide for yourself.
Shinoda cars are taking trophies at shows everywhere, and the REAL ones are hard to beat.

There are alot of companies doing crappy quality knock off graphics and those are the cars that most people see out on the street and assume are REAL Boss Shinodas. Real ones have a serialized badge attached to the car.
Half of them are supercharged, some have dual ram air, shaker hoods, custom programmed chips etc.

I could go on and on... truth is everyone has the right to their opinion, but for info you should speak with someone with intimate knowledge on the Boss Shinodas and see a REAL one for yourself and you decide whats right for YOU.

hot4boss said:
you should speak with someone with intimate knowledge on the Boss Shinodas and see a REAL one for yourself and you decide whats right for YOU.

Intimate knowledge AND blatant bias. I've been to the website and seen what you get. Its a total ripoff. PERIOD. Oh, and Saleen and Roush have factory support, factory warrantees, and the like, which is why they are expensive. Of course I could buy a GT and mod it to be better than a Roush in every way for less money, but it wouldn't be ROUSH and it wouldn't be factory supported and under warranty and such. Also, it is ridiculous to compare the podunk, current state of the BOSS company with the likes of ROUSH industries, who not only makes high-quality factory supported cars, but also has a racing heritage that actually has something to do with their cars. BOSS, though it has a racing heritage, is little more than some overpriced stuff that just happens to say BOSS, which undeservedly commands a higher price. If I could afford it, there would be a grabber blue 1970 BOSS 429 in my garage right now because that is an amazing car and I respect BOSS for the cars they have built in the past, but the current cars are absolutely no comparison.

hot4boss said:
Dont listen to people on this forum cause' they don't know much about the Boss history, or the late Boss creator Larry SHINODA or his legacy. They just make assumptions and try to diseminate misinformation and opinion as truth.

I know enough to know that Shinoda died before anything representing a late-model Boss got off the drawing board.

If you know so much about Mr Shinoda then why would you say that he had nothing to do the the modern Boss Mr Shinoda designed the graphics for Ford and according to the jan 1995 Motor trend Ford planned on building the car through Ford Racing. When they felt it would compete with the new Cobra at the time they dropped it and the appearnce package version was sold to dealers accross the country in 1996 I was brought in to the loop from Roush Industries to make the cars go fast and handel which gave our owners the best of all aspects, Power Performance Style (appearence).

And using his Styling que's Myself and Karen Shinoda and Her Husband Brian Moved the same package to the 99 and up cars increasing the fuctioning spoilers and increasing the horse power ie. 300 hp Level 1 425 hp Level 2 and the SR2 Project (Level 3) comming in at over 600+ hp.

Evryone on this forum takes shots at the Shinoda Cars with no appearent reson the stickers as every one calls them. Are the same style of design that was used in the hey day of the american Muscle car Rember Hemi cars had them Boss Mustangs had them and even Camaro's had them the best america had to offer all had killer apperance and two of the big three owe that to Larry Shinoda and in fact ford went Back to Mr Shinoda for the Boss 604 and the Super Stallion.

So please if you have a real complaint email me we normally can fix it but flame a car with out any knowelge base of one of our cars ( i mean a certified Shinoda car) is just plain foolish as is shows how little people know and how it seems it is just kids jumping on the band wagon.

Thank You

James Klok

and see that is a opinion not just a blank statment so what you are saying is that the graphics used on the 60's muscle cars are not for you thank you for that information we are looking at building a vehicle with less graphics with the same performance

the performance is fine but just really think about how somethings gonna look if you do alter the apperance of a car, the 99 up chin spoiler is very tacky and the rear wing is also bad, the grahpics fit OK but better on the pre 99 than the 99 up.

I happen to like the graphics. My car came with the Shinoda stripes when I bought it. They were dealer installed when the car was new. The car is quite the attention getter. I get plenty of looks and comments at shows and on the street. Most people like the stripes and hate the color. Too each their own :shrug:

As for Team Shinoda, I have bought a few of their accessories for my car. Mr Klok is a very nice person and has always answered my EMails.

I haven't seen a newer body style BOSS that was a true BOSS. All of them around here were rust red with the boss graphics and some 16 year old kid with a mullet driving around bragging to his friends that he had a boss with the nasty 15" V6 wheels

Im not one for the Boss thing but there are some things that they make that are Very Cool!! Like the Chin spoiler for a 94-98 Cobra!! I ordered mine last week and am waiting to get it. Should be here any day. It is MUCH better than the other one out there for the Cobra cars. Once I get it Ill post to let you know how it fits and how I like it. So far Jim was Very nice and helpfull so I cant say anything bad about them.