• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Technical Help Needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter rustange
  • Start date Start date May 11, 2015

rustange

New Member
May 11, 2015
4
0
1
mass
May 11, 2015
#1
  • May 11, 2015
  • #1
First off I have a 2004 GT, manual with 105k. I replaced all 4 rotors all pads, all 4 calipers, and both front brake lines to the calipers. Bled all calipers several times. RR, LR,RF,LF.
As well as just the rears twice and just the fronts twice. I have clear fluid coming out and no air bubbles.

Here's the problem. The LF-driver side caliper keeps sticking and getting hot. (everything lubed, slides good, etc)
I did not bleed the master cylinder. That's next.
get to the point right? ... under the master cylinder is a proportioning valve/combination valve/distribution block/ I don't know what to call it. Can't seem to find one online to purchase as if they don't exist. Can someone tell me the true name of this part and where I can purchase one. I suspect something is sticking here and pushing most of the brake fluid to the front brakes and not allowing fluid to flow back. Suggetions, thoughts?? I just installed 373s and want to burn up some tires!
 

rustange

New Member
May 11, 2015
4
0
1
mass
May 11, 2015
#2
  • May 11, 2015
  • #2
Here is a pic of the brake fluid block I was talking about. (If I can upload correctly)
 

Attachments

  • 20150511_123246.webp
    83.9 KB · Views: 168

wmburns

SN Certified Technician
Aug 14, 2009
5,892
514
204
Houston Texas
May 12, 2015
#3
  • May 12, 2015
  • #3
rustange said:
I did not bleed the master cylinder. That's next.!
Click to expand...
An incorrectly bleed master cylinder can cause the brakes to not release. A bad master cylinder can also cause this symptom.
 

rustange

New Member
May 11, 2015
4
0
1
mass
May 12, 2015
#4
  • May 12, 2015
  • #4
Thanks wmburns, I ended up bleeding the master cylinder which fixed the fading brake pedal. Jack the car up and still have pressure on LF keeping the wheel from spinning. I'm also suspecting a bad master cylinder. I figure I could take the front line off the master and see if it frees up that wheel. And if so that would verify a bad master cylinder. Still don't know about that proportioning valve, still can't find one online?? Dealer only part maybe.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

W
Front ATS brakes with Taurus rear brakes. Full parts needed?
  • Wagonized
  • Sep 24, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
172
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 25, 2026
General karthief
R
Fox Hydroboost conversion/proportional valve
  • RubyRedNotch
  • Jul 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
98
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 20, 2026
RubyRedNotch
R
Fox Brake pedal too stiff
  • keel
  • Sep 21, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
445
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
General karthief
Brakes FOX BRAKES ISSUES
  • PonyGTrider
  • Jan 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
53
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 31, 2026
Mustang5L5
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
245
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?