Roush Technical Question for speed recal

Probablecause

Jun 15, 2004
georgia
buying my new gears any day now and had a question. in regards to the speedo being off after installing the gears, i spoke with a friend of mine who said that all i need to do is buy the speed cal ($89) device from dallas mustang and install it to fix any problems i may have. is is that simple? i thought it's been discussed here before and someone said i needed to reflash the entire saleen chip for that. which is true? will the speed cal interfere with the saleen cpu? it's a hell of a lot cheaper to buy and install the speed cal than have my cpu reflashed.

• Sponsors (?)

Actually it would be cheaper for Saleen to re-flash it for $50. In some cases they will charge 100 if you get into the mods that you have installed, but overall since you own an authentic Saleen they can usually turn around your CPU in 1 day. Call Carlos or Bob at Saleen.

Like Marcus said, have Saleen re-flash it for you.

Remember that there is 3 days downtime (and a cost of shipping) while you overnight it to them, and they overnight it back to you.

for the record, i've got a five speed. my next question is if i get saleen to reflash the chip for gears and tires, what happens when i go to the dyno and get a tune done? to do a complete tune for the car on the dyno are they going to have to reflash the chip? if so, than i need to wait and put the gears on just prior to getting the tune done so i don't get the chip reflashed twice. can someone let me know? i'll let T&J just reflash the chip for the tune and gears at once unless these aren't related.