Termi swap

Whitehorse88

Apr 3, 2018
Looking for someone who has done this before. I’m looking to do a termi swap in my fox body. But I want to keep everything stock looking inside. Can I run the stock cluster with the cobra harness? What do I need to make this happen?

• Sponsors (?)

I’m actually about to pull the trigger and do the same build. I was torn between ordering a 302 boss block and buying all trick flow internals, stroking it and putting a super charger on it which a rough estimate has me around 12-15 grand. Found a terminator swap for 8 grand. Curious to hear about the process as well and cost. I’ll be watching this and sharing what I find out as well

A buddy of mine had done it numerous times and says it’s not really that hard. But you would need to used the cobra wiring harness to the dash. I have an 03 termi and love the engine. But I want to keep the original dash. Haven’t personal seen a conversion with it but I’m sure someone figured it out.

Right I wanna keep the inside as original as I can. They claim they can set it up on the pallet for me to run just add fluids but there’s got to be more then that. Still trying to find out more information as to what’s needed etc etc

See I was curious how ready to go it really was for the foxbody I figured it’d be much more then just a drop and go once things are connected but maybe not? How far along into the swap are you? Any pointers? Only thing I’m hesitant on is giving up that push rod sound from the exhaust that old school sound you know?

Oh. I’m still in the decision phase. I’m with you about the push rod sound. Mine sounds absolutely sick. But I also have a sonic blue svt and the engine is a beast. A few minor mods and it’s over 500 to the wheels. My buddy who has ton many of these said it was really easy.

What’re you weighing pros and cons wise? Have any videos on YouTube or can you attach a sound clip on here? Brand new to forums and builds for that matter lol. I haven’t been able to find any decent threads regarding this build what so ever, I got a quote today of 4-5grand for install and tune.

Everything I have is to large video wise. Supposedly the stock k member will bolt right up. I’ll ask my buddy and see what if any is really hard. I was going to buy an aftermarket k member for the conversion. Put everything in. Then have him wire it up. I suck at electrical. If you want IRS that bolts right up to. Maybe one drill hole for the rear mount. Keep in touch cause if you do yours before me, you can give me pointers.

Thanks General for that thread. I noticed he still used the cobra cluster. I’m trying to find anywhere where someone was able to use the OE cluster. I would love to keep everything stock inside. Well stockish. I have a 93 interior in my 88

I suppose you would have to use the fox sending units, that would mean keeping some wiring from the fox and eliminate some from the other harness. The alternator and tach may be a problem, I would get a Florida 50 dash panel with aftermarket gauges. That would keep the fox feel at least.

The sn95 cluster can go in a fox dash with modifications. ( what those are I do not know ). Would be a bunch easier if you had the wiring harness from the cobra. Even easier if they included the ignition switch ring and original cobra key. Those cobras have PATS so it won't start without key or tuning around PATS.

The rear IRS takes more than drilling one hole. Smh. You have to drill 6 and widen 4 of them to mount correctly...oh and brake system stuff, pinion flange, and driveshaft stuff ( mine had to be shortened about 3/4 inch ).....and wheels.

Screenshot_20190115-201725_Chrome.jpg

If you look at the pic closely you can see a fitment issue at the top right of the cluster in the fox dash. Could easily be covered by black abs.

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome info guys, really appreciate the insight and help. Parts farm does include the wiring harness and I believe the ignition switch I saw too. They mentioned something about the anti-theft which they say is taken care of. Still doing more research. Im on the fence now, I’d be spending 8-10grand for parts and delivery. Doesn’t a boss block come with more power then this terminator swap? For the amount of money I’m willing to spend and work wise I think I could get a lot more power then 390 sticking to a 302 base? Am I wrong?

You could run a dakota digital cluster bolts right in then you wire up all gauges to it i just finished installing mine and came out beautifully also its on my coyote swapped foxbody cant be that much different then the terminator