terminator short block with 2v heads?

I have found countless fourms on swapping 4v heads on to your 2v engine, but what about putting 2v heads on a terminator short block? would this be just as much of a pain in the a$$? just thinking if I can find a good deal on a low mile terminator short block which comes fully forged, I believe would possible be cheaper to freshen up then building a new forged 2v short block. Also the terminator block is aluminum if I remeber correct. Just a thought that came to mind.

• Sponsors (?)

Nah, the 03/04 Cobra blocks were cast iron. The earlier model Cobra's were aluminum, as are the Mach 1 blocks.

As for using the Termi shortblock, I would think that you may end up with less than stock compression. I don't know the size of the combustion chamber on the 2 different heads to be sure. But, if its being used with an FI setup, I think it would be a great idea.

I have found countless fourms on swapping 4v heads on to your 2v engine, but what about putting 2v heads on a terminator short block? would this be just as much of a pain in the a$$? just thinking if I can find a good deal on a low mile terminator short block which comes fully forged, I believe would possible be cheaper to freshen up then building a new forged 2v short block. Also the terminator block is aluminum if I remeber correct. Just a thought that came to mind.

I di it, works great, no problems. It bolted right up... see my sig.

How much did you get your short block for? and aren't they good for like 750hp or so?

Don't laugh, but the whole job cost me 7 large. Thats pulling the old busted motor, installing the new one, re - installing the SuperCharger, dyno tune, and all the other small **** needed.
I had the money, so I didn't haggle too much, I just wanted my car back.
Yes they are good for 750 hp, but you'd need major fuel system work to get there, along with suspension work.
If you looked around you might find a shortblock for a lot less.

Don't laugh, but the whole job cost me 7 large. Thats pulling the old busted motor, installing the new one, re - installing the SuperCharger, dyno tune, and all the other small **** needed.
I had the money, so I didn't haggle too much, I just wanted my car back.
Yes they are good for 750 hp, but you'd need major fuel system work to get there, along with suspension work.
If you looked around you might find a shortblock for a lot less.

How does one's suspension contribute to the output of the engine? :scratch:

Ya I was just thinking more of the short block now so the engine can take it and then upgrade everything else when I pound the boost to it. Not sure how easy it is to pick up a used terminator bottom end. But I figure In the long run its cheaper then buying a forged short block or building one. For 7K it must have been a bad ass set up when you got done though. What did you do about heads?

Swapping from 4v to 2v heads raises compression, but 03-04 cobra's compression were in the high 8's I believe. I doubt it's going to raise it past 10 unless you ran 38cc TF heads.

I thought about the same swap. Benefits are a factory forged engine for a good price. But they are used, you don't know the true history on them. Think about why someone would want to replace their shortblock. They either have problems or the owner didn't want to keep running big boost on it. They've probably been pullied, sprayed, ran the heck out of them for someone to want an upgrade.

I'm just telling you to be careful and know what you're buying. You don't want to do a shortblock swap more than once.