terrible idle after install

nickgt5.0

Jan 16, 2007
Snohomish
yesterday i installed bbk shortys and bassani x pipe with new o2 sensors. the car idles fine but once the check engine light comes on its a task to keep it running. the egr tube that connects from the header to egr valve bbk supplied was too short so i hooked it up to the header and pinched it off. the CEL came on with the old exhaust but keeping it running was never a problem. IAC? Fuel pump? any ideas?????:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

You installed the egr tube to the header and pinched off the end going to the egr valve right. Did you plug the the hole where the pinched end of the tube was supposed to hook up to the egr valve, just a thought. Thats weird how an exhaust swap would cause this. With the old exhaust was the egr tube hooked up.

later
Orlie

yeah i hooked the egr tube to the header and pinched it off. its not connected to the egr valve. egr tube was hooked up with old exhaust. could it still be the new 02 sensors or fuel pump. i searched and people with a bad fuel pump had similar problems. and keep in mind its really bad when check engine light comes on