Tested the new Diablosport Revolution software and chip

stangfreak00

Founding Member
Dec 20, 2001
Virginia Beach, VA
First off, I wanna give props to DTP Racing for doing such an excellent job.

A little about my car...
It's a 99 GT with a 96 shortblock and ported PI heads. I have a pro-chamber, stock catback with flowmaster 2 chambers, a K&N filter and THAT'S IT. Other than what you read I have absolutely NO BOLT ONS.

On the stock tune and timing I made 258/305.
On the Diablo Revolution I made 270.6/315.

I'm not allowed to divuldge the details on the tune, but I can tell you that I saw with my own two eyes that the A/F is conservative and the timing was damn near stock. They didn't want to get to crazy as the car was only out to them on a loan from me.

I'm very impressed with this software. You can change everything and it burns four banks. I don't have a scanner, but I'm gonna try to post a dyno sheet soon. You can use my old dyno sheet in my sig as a guide... I gained no less than around 9-10 hp and 8 tq at any one point on the curves.

Again, I wanna thank the guys at DTP for some outstanding work. I'm thrilled with this...

• Sponsors (?)

Why can't you mention any of the tuning mods? Just curious? I mean if you paid for them and all...

edit, sorry, I see the mods... So with just ported heads and cat-backs your pulling almost 260rwhp?

Bo

JonJon said:
Prochamber too

Is this Revolution software like the SCT software? Extreme customization? :shrug:

I am not sure, I looked it up on their site and it doesn't appear too aggressive. I would like to see more info on it though...

Bo

DC-GT said:
I am not sure, I looked it up on their site and it doesn't appear too aggressive. I would like to see more info on it though...

Bo

Here is the URL for the Diablo site talking about the software for this chip...

http://www.diablosport.com/software.html

It seems like they are trying to do a good job of it and get as much testing as possible straight out. It also says that it is not available just yet.

Bo