Thanks for the add

• Sponsors (?)

Welp I am actually building a 1940 Ford pickup truck with a 2001 Merc mountaineer engine.

It has the GT40P heads on it. I'm putting a spring kit in and am looking for a suitable cam that takes advantage of these heads.

I am using an edelbrock three deuce intake that flows up until 6500ish.

I do google searches and most of the useful information I find is from this site.

So I was hoping to NOT get flamed.

PS, my first car was a 66 mustang convertible 4 speed. If had numerous mustang's and fords over the years.

Now why would you get flamed for a ford in a ford? That's what life is all about!
Now about that cam, what are you looking for? Power or sound or both? Need to know a few things, like trans, gears, stuff like that.
I'm gonna move this to another forum and hit up a couple members in the mean time.
Post up some pics too.
@a91what .
@Mustang5L5 .
@TOOLOW91

The truck is gonna weigh less than 2500lbs. Open wheels, chopped top, shortened bed, 35 ford truck grille. 682c headlights. 5speed, 373 rear, sprint car style headers.

Three stromberg 97s, the Edelbrock intake flows from idle to 5500. Gt40p heads. I have a set of 1.6 full roller rockers. Was thinking about Alex spring kit. The part I need help with is choosing a cam. I am thinking B303, or TFS stage one. I was also looking at the F303 cam.
I need weight over the front axle. That is why I'm staying with cast iron heads.