The 6-speed is in !!!

• Sponsors (?)

rpburnette said:
I have wondered if that were possible to put the cobra tranny in a GT. What was the cost, and does it bolt right up, if not what changes need to be made.

Thanks for the post and any info

Just get a cobra trans and crossmember, I'm almost positive the bolt patterns will match up since they're both modular engines. Does the driveshaft have to be shortened with the T56?

00s281sc368 said:
Thanks. I switched from a 5 speed, I think it was a T45.
With the 3.55 rear end, I was exactly at 2500rpm@80mph on 5th, now on 6th I'm at 85mph@2500rpm.
Apex told me the reverse solenoid switch could be wired to a push button so it's easier to get into reverse.

Do what Stangnet did on their Bullet project and wire it to the brake light switch. Instead of having to press a button to get into reverse, just step on the brake pedal. That is the route I am thinking of taking.

- Dana

Drift-GT said:
Do what Stangnet did on their Bullet project and wire it to the brake light switch. Instead of having to press a button to get into reverse, just step on the brake pedal. That is the route I am thinking of taking.
- Dana
Yes, routing it to the brake light switch is one good idea, but what if you downshift while braking ? That could be risky !

Did you have Apex do the install? I am seriously thinking about going with a T56 too and if they did a good job with the install I wouldn't mind driving up there to have it done. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the install of everything. You can PM me if you wan't. Thanks!

Just got the T56 installed, along with Steeda shifter, aluminium flywheel and a dual kevlar clutch!
What was the total price of parts + install? (if you don't mind answering) ...
I'm having the classic whining TOB problem and I'm considering just replacing everything instead of continually greasing the dang thing whenever it decides to whine at me.

hobbes80 said:
What was the total price of parts + install? (if you don't mind answering) ...
I'm having the classic whining TOB problem and I'm considering just replacing everything instead of continually greasing the dang thing whenever it decides to whine at me.

I got charged only 4 hours of labor for the whole thing. ($90/hr typ for evry shop...)
The parts are from D&D, they have all pricings on their web site, like $2.2K for tranny + another 500 bucks for the shorter alum driveshaft and crosswhatever T56 kit :D

FallenPhoenix said:
Just get a cobra trans and crossmember, I'm almost positive the bolt patterns will match up since they're both modular engines. Does the driveshaft have to be shortened with the T56?

yes the driveshaft does need to be shortened since the T56 is a little longer than the T45 or 3650.