The APR Performance widebody S197 has me considering an S197...

V_Eight

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2002
ATL
AB-262000.jpg

IMG_2547_copy.jpg

IMG_2573_copy.jpg

IMG_3843_copy.jpg

IMG_3803_copy.jpg

aprmustangcompare.jpg

aprmustangcompare1.jpg

IMG_2523_copy_cr.jpg

The widebody alone is $3600 (on sale from $4200), then the wheels/tires to fit are another $3-4000 depending on model.

Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

i wouldnt listen to any nay sayers. just because one is a little over done, doesn't mean what you'd be doing with yours would turn out the same way.

the good thing about mustangs is theres so much you can do with them, its pretty easy to be unique, cause everyone does the same sh¡t to these cars. so changing it up at all from the norm can yield great results.

everyones throwing 20s on these cars that i see. i opted for 15s and haven't regret it for a second.

the wing, and all the vinyl throws it off for me.

i'm curious to see how the quarters are molded to the body. the cdc challenger from what i remember is just like a add on piece, it doesn't really look like it fits the quarter. this seems to be a whole quarter to the trunk jam.

one thing i really like about that is the front of the rocker, how it goes with the curvature of the tire.

if done tastefully, you could make that look sick.

i wouldnt listen to any nay sayers. just because one is a little over done, doesn't mean what you'd be doing with yours would turn out the same way.

the good thing about mustangs is theres so much you can do with them, its pretty easy to be unique, cause everyone does the same sh¡t to these cars. so changing it up at all from the norm can yield great results.

everyones throwing 20s on these cars that i see. i opted for 15s and haven't regret it for a second.

the wing, and all the vinyl throws it off for me.

i'm curious to see how the quarters are molded to the body. the cdc challenger from what i remember is just like a add on piece, it doesn't really look like it fits the quarter. this seems to be a whole quarter to the trunk jam.

one thing i really like about that is the front of the rocker, how it goes with the curvature of the tire.

if done tastefully, you could make that look sick.

I agree. I can't find any pictures of it before the graphics went on, but there is an ugly scoop like the 99-04 cars on the quarter panel. It needs to be shaved. :nice:

Otherwise, the quarters look pretty OEM. I know this kit allows for 12.5" rear wheels and 345-width tires with plenty of clearance.

IMG_2538_copy.jpg

IMG_3812_copy.jpg

IMG_3813_copy.jpg

:nice:

Randomly, here's my last Mustang. Everyone whined about the extensive body work until they saw the final product and then quit nagging and admired all the work I put into it. :)

2007nopinationals035.jpg

hah, i agree that scoop is ugly, although, i did throw the cervinis side scoop on my car, felt it needed it.

i wonder if they made that scoop functional for brake cooling? i know the early sn95s they were functional, my 94 it was all open.

do you post on SVTperformance? i think i've seen your sig about the doing mustang-specific vinyl on there.

i don't even want to know what the price of the 345 tires would be with such a low profile like those haha.

hah, i agree that scoop is ugly, although, i did throw the cervinis side scoop on my car, felt it needed it.

i wonder if they made that scoop functional for brake cooling? i know the early sn95s they were functional, my 94 it was all open.

do you post on SVTperformance? i think i've seen your sig about the doing mustang-specific vinyl on there.

i don't even want to know what the price of the 345 tires would be with such a low profile like those haha.

About the scoop: I also wonder that. If it actually runs through to the wheel well (which it might with those fenders adding 50mm per side!), i'd probably keep them.

Yes, I do, under the name "vinyl". Been in the Mustang community for years and years now.

345/25-20s run around $425/ea. Not horribly bad, but not free. :nice:

I could live with most of the body alterations except the over the top Ricer wing thing on the back. But as "Autumn Again" basically says in his post, the nice thing about the Mustang is that it leaves alot to personal interpretation and everybody's tastes and intrests are different, there is no absolute right or wrong way to present your Mustang. It would be really boring if everybody's car was almost identical.

If YOU like it go for it. :nice:

EDIT:

I do like those wheels, I wonder who makes those.

I could live with most of the body alterations except the over the top Ricer wing thing on the back. But as "Autumn Again" basically says in his post, the nice thing about the Mustang is that it leaves alot to personal interpretation and everybody's tastes and intrests are different, there is no absolute right or wrong way to present your Mustang. It would be really boring if everybody's car was almost identical.

If YOU like it go for it. :nice:

I'd be willing to bet a solid 95% of people would love the outcome. :nice:

It would be another good example of my body work abilities.

Edit: Work Wheels Japan. Same as in my signature. The red car has VS-KF 20's.

Is that the Air Force X1 concept? it looks VERY similiar.

US Air Force X-1 Mustang and Vapor Challenger

Looks like the same body kit too. I liked it a lot when I first saw it, though it is extreme. Actually, seeing it next to the stock mustang body, I prefer the stock width. But... I spend a lot of time thinking about parts to put on my S197, so I have grown very fond of the stock-ish look, much more so than when I first bought it.

Is that the Air Force X1 concept? it looks VERY similiar.

US Air Force X-1 Mustang and Vapor Challenger

Looks like the same body kit too. I liked it a lot when I first saw it, though it is extreme. Actually, seeing it next to the stock mustang body, I prefer the stock width. But... I spend a lot of time thinking about parts to put on my S197, so I have grown very fond of the stock-ish look, much more so than when I first bought it.

it's the original concept of the x1. this one was also built by GAS. my buddy was involved hands on with the x1 so i'll see if he has some better pics.

Posted via Mobile Device

About the scoop: I also wonder that. If it actually runs through to the wheel well (which it might with those fenders adding 50mm per side!), i'd probably keep them.

Yes, I do, under the name "vinyl". Been in the Mustang community for years and years now.

345/25-20s run around $425/ea. Not horribly bad, but not free. :nice:

damn. i dunno how i'd feel about 425 each for tires, with how often i do burn outs. :D

and i cant imagine the selection of 345-25-20s out there. i'm running a 165/80/15 up front, i would love to see a side by side comparison to a 345 hahah.

:lol: Freakin' skinny autumn! I run 175-80-r13 on my geo...cant even imagine those on a 'stang...

OP: :nice: Go for it man! I'm glad that you have a plan for what you want to do with your ride and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Everyone has their ideas and opinions and maybe when you have that kit put on you can be another voice of advice to those that seek to do the sameish as you.

Long live creativity and ingenuity! :hail2: