By hoopty50 at 2012-04-26

Holley HP ultra 950
Vic Jr
AFR 225s
Custom Erson Solid roller
Kooks headers,
NOS big shot kit
Art Carr C4 with quarter stick and trans brake, 4,000 stall
New oil pan - one on it has a pin hole and needs to be changed (eBay junk)
MSD coil
CSR water pump
Lots more little ditties

So basically, all I need to DRIVE this thing is a fuel pump/regulator and plumbing, and some gauges.

To RACE, I need a battery switch, roll cage, and some rear suspension stuff.

Gonna go out and take the trans off so I can swap the pans and then hopefully drop it in the car.

I absolutely MUST sell this 408 and TKO before I buy another bolt for this thing. I'm still wondering if I bit off more than I can chew here...

Gonna go out and take the trans off so I can swap the pans and then hopefully drop it in the car.

I absolutely MUST sell this 408 and TKO before I buy another bolt for this thing. I'm still wondering if I bit off more than I can chew here...

Looks great! Hope to see it in the car soon..couple a days worth of work and she should be ready to fire, huh?

Well, I had some unforeseen, unexpected, un... well you get it. Anyway, it took a little longer to get this thing ready to drop in.

Didn't take as many pictures, but everyone has seen an engine before. Here's the guts of this heifer:

By hoopty50 at 2012-04-27

New Mororororoso pan on (this one actually fit)

Tested the oil pressure with the drill

And 2 days later, its waiting to be dropped in.

Unfortunately, the NHRA race is this weekend and my family has had the first motor home spot for 20+ years. Its a ritual that I go. So it will have to wait until I get back and can con someone into helping slide this pig in.

Hopey you rikey.

Well the engine and trans are in.... Kind of.

By hoopty50 at 2012-04-29

The passenger side motor mount looks ok:

But the drivers side is way off.

Any ideas? Also, the oil pan is sitting on the rack. I know they do this, but the engine looks like it needs to sit down in the cradle more. The oil pan would prevent this from happening. All suggestions are welcome.

Made some half inch spacers to go between the block and motor mounts. Also, the drivers side mount on the k member was a little off but it moved into place when I tightened the bolt.

Now, the trans sits to the drivers side on the cross member. I'll deal with that tomorrow

Naww, they used it all up on the Large Hadron Collider. That left stainless, or just plain ole steel for Kooks to make your headers out of.

Funny, I thought they used some uranium they got from the Soviet sub they salvaged out of the gulf in'09... Better watch out for the Libyans, Collin.

Got somE things done today, nothing really picture worthy. I'm hoping to post a video of it idling tomorrow.

The tko may be sold. Once the 408 short block sells, I'll have the loan for the 427 paid off so anything after that will pay for fuel system, etc.

Still nothing really picture worthy done. Stock tank, cat back, and some other stuff has been pulled out. Going to mini-tub the car I decided. The 275s are rubbing and I really don't want to go the BFH route. Gonna be taking out some more stuff today as well....

Mainly waiting on a MSD digital 6 box I ordered so I can start this thing. Didn't know I had to have one and couldn't figure out why there was no spark

I am the Mini-tub KING! Tag me when you want some expert advice. I will even GIVE it to you. AND,...I have several 8 x 10 glossy photos w/ circles and arrows pointing to the mini tub, and the areas that used to be before the mini tub became a mini tub for your casual perusal.