The Hopkinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Oct 23, 2003
SC
Ok, I don't know if this discussion will go any further, but can we continue it here instead of the "What does everyone do for a living?" thread?

The Hopkinator said:
Heehee HAHAH :rlaugh: How did "Eleanor " enter into this ???
Ok , Im just kidding. I know ... I know the subject of Eleanor is a rallying cry for help against me, but friend, and I say that only because you altered that sacreligious avatar , you would be hard pressed to find others here in support of satanic symbolization. And call it what you like, goat horns, goat heads pictued alongside images of upside down crosses , or pentagrams or the like, are indeed satanic. Now if you are not a Christian , Ill pray you see the light. As a Christian , I was personally offended at the symbol which is a direct shot at Christianity . As for launching an attack on me for my defending the Cross , be careful , if the subject of Eleanor is the most potent weapon in your arsenal .....

I was just using Eleanor as an example. I personally like the way Eleanor looks, except for the hood.
Back to the discussion… I don’t see how a cartoon penguin can attack someone’s faith. Like I said, it’s not satanic unless you make it out to be. I was not promoting “Satanism.” I was promoting Penguins who look cool (in my opinion). I don't worship Satan or anything like that. I live my life. I can't help it if I find Penguins cool.

Also, it says that I have posted 101 times on this website. You are the first to ever mention anything about Satanic stuff to me. It’s not like I was shoving Satan down anyone’s throat. Two other fellows on here talking about my avatar, were asking me which Linux program I liked better, because the original Penguin used for the avatar is the mascot for the Linux company.

Could you explain why it’s so offensive, but then when the cross is flipped over, everything is ok? How would you know if it is still used as a symbol of evil/hate? If I wanted to, I could easily worship Satan and use the cross as my symbol of him. Get what I’m saying here? It’s not about what it looks like. It’s about how you perceive it.

If anyone else reads this besides Hopkinator, feel free to enlighten me or give your thoughts. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Penguin said:
the original Penguin used for the avatar is the mascot for the Linux company.

THE ORIGINAL PENGUIN HAS BEEN MODIFIED .

Could you explain why it’s so offensive, but then when the cross is flipped over, everything is ok? How would you know if it is still used as a symbol of evil/hate?

READ THE EXPLANATIONS OF SYMBOLS 10 AND 12 ON THIS PAGE..http://www.exposingsatanism.org/signsymbols.htm

If I wanted to, I could easily worship Satan and use the cross as my symbol of him. Get what I’m saying here?

AND I WILL BE ON EVERY THREAD YOU START OR POST ON BASHING HELL OUT OF YOU AND YOUR AVATAR , BECAUSE THE CROSS SYMBOLIZES CHRIST, MY GOD AND PROBABLY A LOT OF OTHERS HERE TOO, ITS NOT FOR SOME WALKING IDENTITY CRISIS TO POST IN A DERROGATORY WAY TO BE "COOL". GET THAT ?

It’s not about what it looks like. It’s about how you perceive it.
NEGATIVE GHOST RIDER... THE SYMBOL IS WHAT IT IS. YOU DONT SEE A NO LEFT TURN SIGN AND PERCEIVE IT TO MEAN " FREE MUSTANG PARTS INSIDE" . IT IS WHAT IT IS. THATS REALITY.

WITH THIS SAID, YOUR NEW AVATAR IS QUITE NICE. AS A MATTER OF FACT ITS DOWNRIGHT EXCELLENT. YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT OFFENDING ANYONE WITH THAT. WHEN THE PENGUIN HAD THE UPSIDE DOWN CROSS AND THE GOATS HORNS , IT WAS A DIRECT AND BLATANT DECLARATION OF A MOCKERY OF THE CHRIST , AND YOUR GOAT IS A SLANDER OF "THE LAMB OF GOD" . I APPRECIATE YOUR ALTERATION OF THE AVATAR BACK TO AN ACCEPTABLE FORMAT . PERHAPS WHEN THE BELL TOLLS FOR YOU , AND IT WILL , YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS.

If anyone else reads this besides Hopkinator, feel free to enlighten me or give your thoughts. :D

man I must have missed that discussion lol. I don't see how the Linux penguin with horns and a cross (upright I might add too) could be an attack on anyone's faith. Unless their faith is Linux, and then, well, they deserve their faith attacked :p lol just kidding. Actually, Linux is probably the best OS to have faith in, but that's another story.

THE ORIGINAL PENGUIN HAS BEEN MODIFIED.
The original was not modified by me. The altered version was given to me because of my site name, which happens to be Penguin.

AND I WILL BE ON EVERY THREAD YOU START OR POST ON BASHING HELL OUT OF YOU AND YOUR AVATAR , BECAUSE THE CROSS SYMBOLIZES CHRIST, MY GOD AND PROBABLY A LOT OF OTHERS HERE TOO,
Like I said, I do not worship Hell/Satan/Evil. Feel free to bash me about it. You must have missed the point. As far as a cross is concerned, we have not all agreed on its meaning. I know this because Christianity is the third most popular religion (population wise). Not everyone worships Christ as their savior simply because they have different religious beliefs. That is reality. Regardless of how you want to interpret God, and trust me I respect that because it is your right, you must understand that there are millions of other people sharing this planet with you that are your equals and do not share your religious beliefs. “The essence of all religions is one. Only the approaches are different.”

ITS NOT FOR SOME WALKING IDENTITY CRISIS TO POST IN A DERROGATORY WAY TO BE "COOL". GET THAT ?
I have no problem with my identity. I do not remember posting in a derogatory way to be cool. I had an avatar I personally liked the looks of when I posted.

It’s not about what it looks like. It’s about how you perceive it.
NEGATIVE GHOST RIDER... THE SYMBOL IS WHAT IT IS. YOU DONT SEE A NO LEFT TURN SIGN AND PERCEIVE IT TO MEAN " FREE MUSTANG PARTS INSIDE" . IT IS WHAT IT IS. THATS REALITY.
I agree that the “no left turn” sign means that there is no left turn. No argument from me there. We have a government body who makes rules and regulations to thank for that.

WITH THIS SAID, YOUR NEW AVATAR IS QUITE NICE. AS A MATTER OF FACT ITS DOWNRIGHT EXCELLENT. YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT OFFENDING ANYONE WITH THAT. I APPRECIATE YOUR ALTERATION OF THE AVATAR BACK TO AN ACCEPTABLE FORMAT .
Thanks, it was a quick job on photo shop. I’ll try to clean up the colors later. Being this is a car site, I thought no one would care or take notice of my cartoon penguin avatar. I was not trying to offend anyone.

WHEN THE PENGUIN HAD THE UPSIDE DOWN CROSS AND THE GOATS HORNS , IT WAS A DIRECT AND BLATANT DECLARATION OF A MOCKERY OF THE CHRIST , AND YOUR GOAT IS A SLANDER OF "THE LAMB OF GOD" .
Again, not everyone has the same beliefs as you. You are the one who first said they were goat horns (I have no idea what kind of horns they are). Not everyone sees goat horns as evil. I’m just guessing, but I’d say you are a firm believer in your faith, and taught through that, you perceive them as such.

PERHAPS WHEN THE BELL TOLLS FOR YOU , AND IT WILL , YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS.
When my “bell tolls” I’m sure I won’t be thinking of some discussion I had on Stangnet years ago.

Penguin wrote :
Like I said, I do not worship Hell/Satan/Evil. Feel free to bash me about it. You must have missed the point. As far as a cross is concerned, we have not all agreed on its meaning. I know this because Christianity is the third most popular religion (population wise). Not everyone worships Christ as their savior simply because they have different religious beliefs.
IM WELL AWARE OF THE MULTITUDE OF RELIGOUS BELIEFS AROUND THE WORLD. IM ALSO AWARE THAT MOST PEOPLE WONT SIT IDLY BY WHILE SYMBOLIZATION OF THIER RELIGION IS DESECRATED .

WHAT YOU ARE FAILING TO SEE HERE IS THAT THE AVATAR (HERE COMES THE IMPORTANT PART ) WITH AN U P S I D E DOWN CROSS ON IT , AND THE GOAT HORNS , IS A DIRECT INSULT ON CHRISTIANITY . THAT IS REALITY. NOT PERCIEVED. AND AS A CHRISTIAN , I SEE IT AS AN ATTACK ON THE CHRIST . WORTHY OF DEFENSE . ALAS, SINCE YOU HAVE TAKEN YOUR AVATAR FROM A SACRELIGIOUS NATURE, TO ONE THAT IS NOT ANTI-CHRISTIAN IN NATURE , I APPLAUD YOU . I DONT SEE YOUR ALTERATION OF THE AVATAR BACK TO AN ACCEPTABLE PRESENTATION AS A SURRENDER TO ME , I SEE IT AS YOU THINKING RATIONALLY ABOUT THIS DISCUSSION AND MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICE.
I THANK YOU.

AND AS FAR AS WHEN YOUR BELL TOLLS, IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE YEARS , ASK 65 STANGER , OR MY 37 YEAR OLD BROTHER , OR MOST ANYONE WHO SKIPPED ON IN TO A DOCTOR FOR A ROUTINE EXAMINATION ONLY TO FIND OUT THEY WERE ABOUT TO BEGIN WAGING A WAR OF IMMEDIATE SURVIVAL . HOW QUICKLY YOU CAN FIND OUT YOUR MORTALITY MAY BE CLOSING IN ON YOU.

ONCE AGAIN , THANK YOU FOR REVERSING THE CHANGES YOU MADE TO YOUR AVATAR . :nice:

Ok, turn off the caps next time? Thanks.

YOU THINKING RATIONALLY ABOUT THIS DISCUSSION AND MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICE.
No problem.

MOST PEOPLE WONT SIT IDLY BY WHILE SYMBOLIZATION OF THIER RELIGION IS DESECRATED
Cool, most people I know don't care about their christianity. They go to church and talk about it. Then when they get back to their normal life, they think nothing of their religion. That's why when I was given the freedom of choice at 18, I quit believing in their hypocritical religion.

AND AS FAR AS WHEN YOUR BELL TOLLS, IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE YEARS , ASK 65 STANGER , OR MY 37 YEAR OLD BROTHER , OR MOST ANYONE WHO SKIPPED ON IN TO A DOCTOR FOR A ROUTINE EXAMINATION ONLY TO FIND OUT THEY WERE ABOUT TO BEGIN WAGING A WAR OF IMMEDIATE SURVIVAL . HOW QUICKLY YOU CAN FIND OUT YOUR MORTALITY MAY BE CLOSING IN ON YOU.

Yeah um... My health is fine thanks. Given the freedom of choice, I chose not to not experiment with alchohol, cigarettes, drugs, or pre-long lasting relationship intercourse in my earlier years.

So, it's been weird talking with you.... ::changes subject:: I saw your Eleanor '67 GT500, It's a unique car. Looks good. The banana likes it. :banana:

Since my name was invoked by the Hopkinator, I'm going to throw in my .02 cents worth.............

Sorry Hop ol' boy, I too am a Christian, born and raised in the Holy Roman Catholic Church, and a FIRMLY BELIEVE I am still alive because of GOD's will..........and I did NOT perceive Penguin's previous (blurry) avatar's incarnation as a desecration of a symbol of my faith..........and I have yet to see / hear him promote Satanism in any of his posts here...... :shrug:

65stanger said:
Since my name was invoked by the Hopkinator, I'm going to throw in my .02 cents worth.............

Sorry Hop ol' boy, I too am a Christian, born and raised in the Holy Roman Catholic Church, and a FIRMLY BELIEVE I am still alive because of GOD's will..........and I did NOT perceive Penguin's previous (blurry) avatar's incarnation as a desecration of a symbol of my faith..........and I have yet to see / hear him promote Satanism in any of his posts here...... :shrug:

You dont percieve an inverted Cross on the chest of an animal not originally equipped with goat horns (ie , a penguin ) as a desecration of the cross? Hmmm. Interesting .I assume you saw the satanic symbolization page. Ill bet if you were to blow up a photo of the original avatar with the goat horns and inverted Cross on a penguin and wear it on a shirt to Sunday service, youd be the talk of the town...
And as far as Penguin himself, by his own testament of the "hypocritical religion" he does not believe in , this affirms that the cross and horns were in place as being suggestive of this fact. The avatar is changed. Thank you Penguin. I have no more beef with you. I will include you in a prayer , just know that there are some hypocritical Christians , indeed, but the religion itself is not. Hypocrisy is a human error. Im no angel , but Im not a sanctimonious ass either. Thanks reference the GT500. She has emptied the bank account and scraped up my knuckles, but hopefully soon all that will be over.

The Hopkinator said:
You dont percieve an inverted Cross on the chest of an animal not originally equipped with goat horns (ie , a penguin ) as a desecration of the cross? Hmmm. Interesting .I assume you saw the satanic symbolization page..............
I gave it a read thru..........and in REALITY symbols hold whatever meaning those using them, give to them.............and frankly, I do not see a blurry picture of CARTOON penguin, with CARTOON horns as "Satanic"!

btw....I do NOT appreciate you invoking my name to try to give substance to your arguments........:nono:

Ill bet if you were to blow up a photo of the original avatar with the goat horns and inverted Cross on a penguin and wear it on a shirt to Sunday service, youd be the talk of the town...
I really doubt God could care less what you are wearing when you worship him. Or, for that matter, where you worship him, be it church or home.

"hypocritical religion".....just know that there are some hypocritical Christians , indeed, but the religion itself is not.
Right, sorry. I meant hypocritical people... the whole "practice what you preach thing."

I will include you in a prayer
Don't feel obliged to pray for me, praying does nothing. It is your actions that matter most.

Ahem.. First off, 65 Stanger, as far as mentioning you , and you not liking it, well, that comes with posting events in your life . I didnt use your name to give substance to my argument, I used your name while defending the Christian religion and its symbols. Once again, those being the inverted Cross and the goat horns. Get over it. If you are such a firm believer that God is the reason you are still here, then dont be ashamed to say that , well, yeah guys, maybe an inverted Cross on a penguin with goat horns , or a coconut or even tattooed on your ass is anti-Christian . Like Penguin openly says, he doesnt follow or believe in this " hypocritical religion" called Christianity. That lends more creedence to the horns and inverted Cross as being anti-Christian in nature. . My name has been brought up for a lot less worthy topics than this. I didnt spew tears . I remember you posting about your thoughts on God ,and belief He spared you, and I naturally assumed you would be intelligent enough to rationalize out what an inverted Cross and goat horns meant to someone who was not at present, happy with Christianity . And foremost would have the courage to take a stand for it . Well you learn something new every day I guess. Care to comment on Penguins statement that praying does nothing ?.................
Penguin . Our minds are not on the same plane as His , BUT if I were to speculate on the matter, I would say you proceed on the false assumption that HE wouldnt care that the primary symbol of His light is inverted , placed on a cartoon character, which is then adorned with goat horns. Im not obligated to pray for you, I do it of my own free will.
Route 666, perhaps you too should consider these postings. As far as the Eleanor statement, Im truly shocked seeing that angle from you. Ive not had a more ascinine statement cast my way in some time. Oh I indeed love the car, as everyone here has their little favorite. However, it can hardly be called a false idol. Falling before the golden cow, or the painted pig, or perhaps the albino bushbaby, and seeking salvation in worship ,well, that my friend is worship of a false idol. Cmon bro, you know that. Eleanor is just a really cool car. :D

Yeh man, it wasn't meant in total seriousness, just to aid my point of "It ain't what it seems." or "Don't judge a book by its cover".

As for the pengy, I for one also aren't strictly Christian, I haven't made up my mind what I believe. I do though, like (some) satanic imagery, here me out, I like it for the usual symmetry, and kinda celtic / gothic curls / curves, etc. I follow what it (is supposed to) stands for about as much as I follow what Christianity stands for. I'm sorta too busy to think about either, so haven't gotten there yet. My point to this being that I think he used the penguin because it looked "cool" or interesting or whatever. If he had have been a devout Christian, he most likely would have not used it as it did have an upside-down cross on it. So I say his motives for using it were not anti-Christian, but just he didn't NOT use it because he is Christian. (He did use it because he is not Christian. Not Christian isn't anti-Christian.)

Having said that, I like Rob (and White) Zombie, as his art (the music, the cartoon drawings, and the photography) because they are rather unique, and follow a zombie theme, you know, halloween theme, ghosts and zombies, and werewolves, etc. I like it for the same reason people like halloween, it is a fun theme, and not really all that satanic, and if it is, it isn't because it isn't serious, like dodgy horror movies.

The Hopkinator said:
Ahem.. First off, 65 Stanger, as far as mentioning you , and you not liking it, well, that comes with posting events in your life . I didnt use your name to give substance to my argument, I used your name while defending the Christian religion and its symbols.

You missed the whole point......I don't want you using my life or experiences to defend your position on SYMBOLS!

Symbols are created by MAN and only have the meaning that the people viewing them give to them! PRIME EXAMPLE is your aforementioned "Satanic Symbolism" page! The swastika was in use for millenium prior to Hitler and the Nazis, and had NO EVIL CONNOTATIONS! But now, display a swastika and you are an EVIL neo-Nazi skinhead!
I seriously doubt that GOD and Jesus care about whatever symbols you use, or don't use in your daily life! Unless of course you are too busy WORSHIPING a symbol that you overlook and / or forget HIS message!:nonono:
And that is what I didn't like....you using me for your symbolism argument, not spreading GOD's message!:nono:

BTW....It was the prayers of a MULTITUDE of faiths, including Jews, Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus that helped me through, not just Catholics and Christians!:nono:

Be very careful about this subject

Personally I don't see satanic inferences to the old penguin aviator or satanic references/intent of Penguin. To be truthful even if it did (which it seems like it isn't) that's his personal belief and he can display it as long as it does not cause physical harm, foul language, nudity, or constitute a personal attack (Displaying a cartoon penguin is not a personal attack. And example of one that would be is an aviator that says all christians blow goats. Then it's a different story).

But religion is a very touchy subject so be careful or i'll shut down the thread.

BTW this thread should almost be in a PM between Hop and Penguin instead of the general forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.