The mod disease.

scupking

Sep 18, 2005
Enfield, CT
Everything I have I mod. I buy something and then have to make it better. I bought a 94 Jeep XJ in July and have sanded all the rust off it painted the under body so there is no more rust. I replaced all the rusty screws. The engine looks brand new. I removed the airl silencer and put a K&N filter in. I'm putting a 63mm throttle body on her tomorrow (stock is 55mm). Next year I'm going to do full exhaust headers down to the catback, all 2.5" pipes. When all is said and done I should be putting out 220 crank hp out of the 4.0 I6 (stock is 190hp). I tell you the jeep can move. I can spin the tires without a problem and she puts you back in the seat even with the stock 3.55 gears. Lets see I also mod my computers. I took apart my laptop (Dell XPS m1210) and put a new processor in it, put 4gb of ram in it and put a 320 GB hd. No but that wasn't enough, I then had to go and overclock the graphics card. This little 4lb laptop screams and plays any game I put at it and I only paid $900 for it last September refurbished from Dell. I mod my guitars, I have 4 guitars, I sand down the bridge to make the action how I want, take of the stock strings and putt better ones on. I'm nuts, I mod all my RC airplanes and helicopters, I can't stop.............moding things. Next year I want to put full length sub frame connectors, LT headers, HPS hardballer intake and a dyno tune (then my stang mods will be done until I buy an 05+ stang) on my stang.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, it hits, and it hits hard.

Keep and update as how the new TB feels on the Jeep, I have been contemplating boring mine.

I also want to do exhaust on mine, the Doug Thorley or Borla full length header looks might nice... a new non-dented downpipe and 2.5" all the way through would really help out.

I play guitar too, I adjusted the bridges aswell. Still need to do some tweaking with my amp (Behringer V-Tone) to get the sound I am looking for. My heart is with Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings...:D

Keep and update as how the new TB feels on the Jeep, I have been contemplating boring mine.

I also want to do exhaust on mine, the Doug Thorley or Borla full length header looks might nice... a new non-dented downpipe and 2.5" all the way through would really help out.

I play guitar too, I adjusted the bridges aswell. Still need to do some tweaking with my amp (Behringer V-Tone) to get the sound I am looking for. My heart is with Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings...:D

Nice I have a Behringer V-tone amp as well. I also have a Behringer mixer hooked up to my computer. My favorite guitar is my Less Paul, I love that thing. I have 2 electrics and 2 acoustics. I have a bunch of stuff up on soundclick.com.

I have that desiese too buddy. I love to work on stuff and make it more personal to me :nice:
I am handy with tools and always buy specialty stuff so I can do it myself.
Like right now I need to do a gear fluid change and fix a small diff leak on my Termi. I just found out the only way to do it is I have to completley remove the whole diff from the car to get it out(drive shaft, axle shafts and all the brackets) just to get it out and its kinda exciting cause I get to pull alot of stuff apart :banana: But then I think how stupid Ford was to require so much dissasembly just to put a new diff cover gasket in there :nonono:

Anyway mang, modding stuff is fun! It shows that you have a good head on your sholders and the know how it act upon ideas you have to make things better. :cheers: mang!

So what you modding today?

Yup guilty too.

I also play guitar and have modded every last one of them.....9 total...lol.
Plus my Marshall half stack and my own custom built effects board.My pc is custom built by me,my model cars that I build and pretty much anything else I get my hands on.

Most of my equipment
View attachment 304133

And the model I am currently working on...they dont even make this kit...it was a 99 Cobra
09-08-08_0354.jpg

09-07-08_0044.jpg

Nice I have a Behringer V-tone amp as well. I also have a Behringer mixer hooked up to my computer. My favorite guitar is my Less Paul, I love that thing. I have 2 electrics and 2 acoustics. I have a bunch of stuff up on soundclick.com.

Nice, how do you like the mixer?

I LOVE Les Pauls!!! I want to own one so bad one day. I almost sprung for one on my 17th birthday, but decided to hold out when I could really lay down the cash for an up-scale Les Paul. I bought a faded cherry Gibson Flying V though...:nice:

Yup guilty too.

Plus my Marshall half stack and my own custom built effects board.My pc is custom built by me,my model cars that I build and pretty much anything else I get my hands on.

Most of my equipment
View attachment 304105

And the model I am currently working on...they dont even make this kit...it was a 99 Cobra
09-08-08_0354.jpg

09-07-08_0044.jpg

:jaw:

Nice collection you got there...:nice:

Awesome model also. I have a bunch from back when I was a kid that I never put together. I want to start on one soon.

Installed the TB yesterday and I can tell a difference right away. You just tap the gas and she jumps. Much more pull through out the whole power band. Granted I still have stock exhaust so that’s bottlenecking me now.

Installed the TB yesterday and I can tell a difference right away. You just tap the gas and she jumps. Much more pull through out the whole power band. Granted I still have stock exhaust so that’s bottlenecking me now.

Nice, sounds like it might be worth the time to do.

I love XJ's!!!!! I have owned 2 in my day!!!
Do you have a lift or anything else other than engine mods??

Sweet...:nice:

I have a 2" budget boost on mine and 30x9.5 Kumho M/T's. Looking to run 31's or 32's soon with 2-3" on the front, and just over 2" on the rear with a little trimming.

I beleive Scup's is stock suspension wise.

I mod sometimes. Honestly, the car was the first thing that I got into modding. Now, I am getting an airsoft gun and have a list of mods already that it will get. I do want to build a computer but, I know I am buying one later this year or beginning of next.

I love XJ's!!!!! I have owned 2 in my day!!!
Do you have a lift or anything else other than engine mods??

Just engine mods and mantanince stuff for now. I'm going to be getting some new rims and bigger tires (235-75-15) next year. I installed a new head unit and I also have huskyliner mats from front to back. The XJ is so much fun. Went to my girl friends sisters wedding last Saturday and got to pack all the brides maids into the Jeep:D

Yup guilty too.

Most of my equipment
View attachment 303736

09-08-08_0354.jpg

09-07-08_0044.jpg

Nice guitars scoobie, Is that a EVH Peavey in the back? I have a few
guitars as well, I just bought an Ibanez RG 2550 this summer, other guitars
in my collection are Gibson flying V, PRS custom 24, 3 Fender Strats, Fender P bass
Ibanez SG bass and 2 acostics. My amps- Fender deville, Crate, Hartke bass amp.
This is what slows me from modding my car any more........

Thx.

I wish it was a real EVH(since he is one of my fav players), but its just some knock off I got really cheap a couple years back....only paid $75 for it and thought that it would be good for just taking to friends to jam so I dont mess up the good ones.But it does play really well.

To 2 Ibanez are RG570's that I paid almost nothing for.The blue I paid less than a 100 for and I completely rebuilt it.....it had no paint,electronics didnt work and chunks of wood missing...now its one of my favs.

The Jackson is a DKM2 and that is my fav,and the Jackson Rhoads my wife got me for Xmas 2 yrs ago.the dean is a z from the early 80's and the acoustic is a Martin my grandpa gave me a few yrs back.

I did have a USA strat but I had to sell that one for med bills and the Les Paul I had....well thats a long story.

All of the electrics are fitted with different duncan pups,from JB4,Jazz and Pearly Gates.

The Marshall amp is nice but I have always had a Peavey and I kinda want another one or a Randall Warhead....i think thats what it is.