The Mustang obsession thread

rdharper02

like kicking myself in the junk
10 Year Member
May 8, 2006
I created this thread for the expression of those truly obsessed with their 5.0s.....

Obsession: 1: a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation <an obsession with profits>
2 : something that causes an obsession.

As I sit here reading posts, checking Ebay for parts and searching for new parts places...I realized something. My first Stang has become an obsession. I now have a garage full of parts awaiting installation. I havnt had the time to work on it, but cant seem to stop thinking about either working on it or what parts I still need. Still want new tires, coilovers, torque boxes, welded axle tubes, exhaust....the list continues as the garage fills. Honestly, My play budget (origionally 9400.00) is damn near gone, and I dont plan to stop. I am even trying to find a "Go to Work" car for the wife. Obviously shes a stay at home mother (a damn fine one at that) and doesnt really need anything. Regardless, I still search the traders and local papers for the "perfect" mechanics special ( if you live in the NC area and have a stang for sale, let me know!). Is this obsession or is this dedication? Maybee I'm just a junky needing the occasional video, part or drive for a fix. Actually...who gives a damn. Nothing beats driving down the road in a modified 5.0.

Obsession....no, just a hell of alot more dedicated than others.

• Sponsors (?)

<----- I will risk getting a parking ticket parking where I am not suppose to so I don't end up parking beside someone who will smack thier door into my car...

On here 80% of the day whenever I can be...or when I am not out "cruzin in my 5.0"

Roland69 said:
<----- I will risk getting a parking ticket parking where I am not suppose to so I don't end up parking beside someone who will smack thier door into my car...

On here 80% of the day whenever I can be...or when I am not out "cruzin in my 5.0"
Do you have a job? If you worked as much as you posted, you could have a sweet ass Stang, and get a girl like Mob's:rlaugh:

Right now i can't afford to be obsessed...it just isn't in the finances. I would say i'm definately overly focused on the car, and when the monetary means come my way, a definate obsession will take form.

I've always wondered if I was a little insane always thinking about going out and roasting my tires off, adding parts, or whatever to the car. I love my car and it's my passion. I was mad and felt naked when I went to the beach without my mustang and missed it every single day I was there. I always made a 180 mile trip back home just so I could bring it back down the very next day. I always watch videos, read about mods, not only about mustangs but about cars in general. I honestly can't learn enough about cars and want to know everything I can, even imports. Worst case scenario I can use what I know about imports to judge how fast they are and what it would take to beat one.

Heat stroke, factorys

Tonys89GT said:
Do you have a job? If you worked as much as you posted, you could have a sweet ass Stang, and get a girl like Mob's:rlaugh:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Having a job help with getting a girlfriend now thats a joke , when i had my last job was recovering from the heat, or just dog tired. You probably never worked a job where you worked ten hours a day in constant heat and with wierd hours and usuallly on saturdays too (10 hours then usually too). but then can't get a galfriend here, now that have no job, lol never can win (must be those :Damnit: small town backstabbers)
:flag:
Hink

HoodStrype said:
<-----Wearing one of FlavaDave's "A Notch Above the Rest" t-shirts to Jamaica and representin' :)

Welcome back strype.....How many Rastafarians offered you money for that shirt.......lol

Mustang waxing party? Thats definitely hot. Gotta finish the paint, everyones invited.

I sold my 95 5.0 last summer ( third Mustang I have owned ) and said I was done w/ the expense and money involved in modding a car up. In another week I have plans to buy a 1993 LX w/ the plan of dropping in a pretty stout 347 N/A combo....... Let the fun and modding start all over again.....