Jokes The New Camaro: Lets Hear Your Thoughts

Will your Mustang wax the new Camaro ?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Really, I know the added strengths of the Camaro don't matter too terribly much. It's an arms race and we compete only as much as we want too.

I can bolt on parts to strengthen any shortcomings the Mustang may have. It's just annoying that Chevy waited for Ford to make the first move, then did their best to "one up" it. Anyone paying attention can see a historical pattern of this between the Big 3 brands. Like the 13 and 14 GT500 having the most powerful production V8s ever made, then Dodge comes along with the ballistic grade Hellcat.

Ford created the pony car and GM followed. Ford was putting together track cars with Shelby before the Camaro (and the Mustang w/ GT40, Cobra, etc.) even existed and well before the idea of the Z28 package.

I agree with bmatticus about buying the car as a whole package. I'll bet I won't like the interior of the new Camaro when compared to the Mustang. The exterior of the Camaro is the same as it was before, just smaller with a few facia changes. I'm not going to hurry off to trade in my GT on the Camaro. I really hope that the Camaro doesn't just run away from the Mustang performance wise, though.

• Sponsors (?)

Well to be honest, I'm not surprised of that horsepower number, because they had to have such a larger engine to achieve it. I just don't think they are able to lighten as much as that article claims. 455hp from 6.2 liters is 73.3hp per liter. Lets call Ford's 420hp because of the less torque, and you still have 84hp per liter. Big difference!
I also remember seeing a article about chevy making mixed metal, such as aluminum and more that i cant remember, to use around the door post on their cars. Not sure if they used it on the 2016 camaro, but all i know is that it reduces the weight by quite a bit, but corrodes too. Kinda like the new f150.

When I bought my 2010 GT, the third or fourth night I had it some jackwagon in a likewise new Camaro SS kept trying to mess with me through three stoplights. At the fourth one I let him have it, then turned into the car wash I was heading to in the first place. He pulls in behind me and says "man, those new 5.0s are fast!" I look at him and say "it's a 4.6 bitch." I popped the hood and showed him, and it was like his brain was short-circuiting, he kept saying "naw, naw, don't f me like that man, it can't be, naw, naw..."

God, if that messed him up that bad, I'd hate to see what would have happened if I'd been in my II (it's much faster). His head might have exploded.

I have the feeling it'll keep being a lot like that, the Ford will have less horsepower, but be so much better put together as a package and have so much better technology that it won't matter. It's pretty much been like that since day one of the musclecar wars. Ford 289 > Chevy 327, Ford 428 and 429 > Chevy 454, Ford 302 > Chevy 305 and 350, Ford 4.6 > Chevy 5.7 (most years), Ford 5.0 > Chevy 6.2... most of the time, Ford's had the smaller engine with more advanced technology and won.

(I don't condone street racing, and that was honestly one of the last times I ever did anything that illegal and stupid.)

Reactions: 1 users
The new Z28 is a good competitor for us upgraded NA guys. I would like to run one just to see how it turns out. I am betting the top end/high speed will get me. Then again...you never know.

Otherwise, I think the new Camaro looks like a Mustang.

And you are 100% right about the horsepower bragging rights- the numbers are just bragging rights.
Despite the power-to-weight ratios, you have things like traction, drag, actual power transmitted to the rear axle, and aerodynamics that define how well a vehicle will accelerate under throttle.

Last edited:
New post in an old thread. I recognize nearly all here are GT owners and and think anything but a V8 isn't worth the Mustang moniker, but it makes me sad what Ford (my badge of choice) is doing to the V6. Especially, when I see what GM is doing with their V6 Camaro. Ugly or not, (Camaro is ugly to me) hp and torque numbers for the V6 Cammy plus the various trim levels available just make me wonder what my beloved Ford Motor Company is thinking? Are the dollars I spend on their products not important to them because I prefer, yes prefer, the V6? I would love to have some of the trim choices available. Oh well, guess I will keep wondering what the Heck they're thinking. In the meantime I will just enjoy my V6 even if the new Camaro with their v6s will be faster. So embarrassing Ford!

I bought the car and driver magazine when I saw the match up. Camaro slapped the Mustang down performance wise. Handling, acceleration, and weight. Tip of the hat to GM.

The more I reflect on it though, still glad to have the Mustang. Better looks, better interior, and better quality. Wonder how many recalls the new camaro will end up having. GM has a recall out on almost every car they make right now and for the past 15 years.

Ford will respond, likely in 2017. Either with weight loss, power upgrades, something. I'm still pleased with what I have. In time I'm sure I'll mod it enough to reach the same performance levels anyway. That's just what I do with my hobby cars.

Last edited:
jepmustang.jpg

201412_1316_fbeeb.jpg

201406_1202_ecceg.jpg

82473156feifc.jpg

OhSchnapp_zps906f1011.jpg

B7MMq_4IMAA6UUK.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
The new Camaro is ugly as sin beaten with a shovel and set to die in a fire. Seriously, since they redid the back end with the new taillights and the tweaks up front... Not to mention the interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New post in an old thread. I recognize nearly all here are GT owners and and think anything but a V8 isn't worth the Mustang moniker, but it makes me sad what Ford (my badge of choice) is doing to the V6. Especially, when I see what GM is doing with their V6 Camaro. Ugly or not, (Camaro is ugly to me) hp and torque numbers for the V6 Cammy plus the various trim levels available just make me wonder what my beloved Ford Motor Company is thinking? Are the dollars I spend on their products not important to them because I prefer, yes prefer, the V6? I would love to have some of the trim choices available. Oh well, guess I will keep wondering what the Heck they're thinking. In the meantime I will just enjoy my V6 even if the new Camaro with their v6s will be faster. So embarrassing Ford!
Well I think this is because the gt is their big seller and im sure that stupid 4 cylinder is a big seller now too so they put most of their focus into the product that sells the most

Well I think this is because the gt is their big seller and im sure that stupid 4 cylinder is a big seller now too so they put most of their focus into the product that sells the most
I'm pretty sure the 6 cylinder and 4 bangers have almost always outsold the v8's. The smaller engine is the backbone of the pony cars.
The Cyclone did kind of get left out in the cold though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Ford Dealer: 2015 EcoBoost Mustang Selling Quicker than V8 GT - Torque News

Not official but it is something. Seems like all the v6 previous owners are switching to the 4 cylinder ecoboost. while the previous gt owners are not changing.

In my opinion I wouldn't buy a v6 or 4 cylinder Mustang. There's nothing wrong with them there are just better cars from different company's with that size engine. Those other cars also generally weigh less so more power to weight ratio.

Last edited:
Ford Dealer: 2015 EcoBoost Mustang Selling Quicker than V8 GT - Torque News

Not official but it is something. Seems like all the v6 previous owners are switching to the 4 cylinder ecoboost. while the previous gt owners are not changing.

In my opinion I wouldn't buy a v6 or 4 cylinder Mustang. There's nothing wrong with them there are just better cars from different company's with that size engine. Those other cars also generally weigh less so more power to weight ratio.
I'd love to agree with you, but I really gotta say....for an entry level car on a budget, those V6's are not only hard to beat, but really underestimated. If I was 18-years-old again, I'd be all over a V6 Stang. Yeah, the V6 is always going to be looked down upon by the industry as the "rental car", but IMO, that's part of their charm. No longer are they saddles with a gutless 3.8L OHV, or noisy, unrefined 4.0L SOHC. That 3.7L TiVCT is no joke. As a package, the cars are now cheap, easy to mod, can get well into the low-13's really easily and damnit if they don't sound down right awesome with an exhaust on them. That's something you could have NEVER said about prior entry level Mustangs.

This is an '11 model, buy you get the idea

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW5ac8qRNwE

As far as the 4-cylinder Ecoboost is concerned, they sell, but for specific reasons. Between capitalizing on the reminiscent crowd that had, or always wanted to have the old SVO mustang from the mid '80's and targeting the modern "Fast and Furious" type who won't driving anyting without 4-cylinder and a turbo on it...this car hits right on the money. At the same time,....nobody serious about economy, or performance should ever consider this car. Mileage is great, but you're almost paying $30K to start, just to get into one. Get all the bells and whistles on it and you're up near bast GT prices. Really, they're too expensive to be considered an economy package and not nearly enough potential per $ to be considered a viable performance vehicle.

IMO, Ford did just fine with the V6 model and had they been given the "Premium" option like the Ecoboost and GT models have this past year, you can bet sales would have rivaled both.

IMO this is why Ford continues to stay on top year after year....they're marketing geniuses. Year 2011, they capitalize on the "5.0L" namesake. Not because it made the most power, or because it was the best choice, but because that's what dwells in the back of the head of most Mustang Fans. Could you imagine if the 5.0L Coyote sported 6L+ like the competition does? Nevermind the current LT1, GM would have to put that 7.0L LS7 in the base SS camaro, just to compete. Dodge would never sell another RT or for that matter an SRT because only their beefiest SRT 392 could even hold a candle to a 6.0L TiVCT. Fast forward to 2015 and they're doing it all over again with a 4-cylinder ecoboost.

I would LOVE....to see Ford pump up the cubes in the TiVCT engine to on par levels with the competition, but I can certainly understand why they've held onto the 5.0L moniker as long as they have.

Jesus....look at the 5.2L Voodoo. 526hp from only 5.2L. Could you imagine if this thing was a 7.0L like the Z/28? Forget Camaro hunting, Ford would be setting it's sights on the Stingray.

Reactions: 2 users