The Official kiddiccarus 2007 NFL Thread

Quite sadly, mrvax doesn't have the magical power to grant CT's. :(
I'd have to be promoted to SN Admin. I'm merely a SuperMod. I can trash your avatar and make your sig look like a 4 year old did it if you wish...

HAHA! Thats cool. I thought it might be a good one being that mine is like three years old. BUt i like mine either way :nice:
 
If I was a Pats fan, that show would have been turned off in 2 seconds flat.
Eli does have to be more consistant or he will be grilled for as long as he plays.(He seems to not give a chit.)

Are you sure the Pats play the Chargers next year?

Yep, they play the conference champs from each AFC conference. AFC south and AFC West on the road, AFC North at home.
 
Sounds like the Giants will be facing the Packers & Seahags & Bucs. They already play the lowly Cows 2x a year.

Nah, here are the Giants 2008 opponents.


New York Giants

Home: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, San Francisco, Seattle, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Carolina
Away: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, St. Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Minnesota

Had they won their conference they would've played the winners of the other conferences.
 
mrvax was a huge baseball (Mets) fan till the 1994 strike. Haven't watched more than 10 games since.

I hate the way teams spend 40 million to 250 million on a payroll. How is that fair?
I love the NFL b/c of the salary cap.

THats why the NHL pased MLB up in my book. You have to have a cap. I love the NFL, NHL and though I dont have a NBA team here, I pull for the Cavs cause they are the closest and the Suns because I LOVED Sir Charles when I was in JR high. But the no cap and that chit of a luxury tax makes it basicly a 5 team leauge with twenty some other teams as a farm system.

For instance, to run a commercial in the New York Market for a Yankees game all year on the radio, is over two million a year. For a Pirates game, it between 6 and 10 thousand for five times a game.
 
Nah, here are the Giants 2008 opponents.


New York Giants

Home: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, San Francisco, Seattle, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Carolina
Away: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, St. Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Minnesota

Had they won their conference they would've played the winners of the other conferences.

Not bad. Those non-nfc east games don't look too bad. Pittsburgh will be fun.
 
Then why did you drag the almighty Red Sox into the conversation tough guy?

Since you're not reading my threads anymore, I'll stop pissing in your Wheaties .

Take it easy.
You seem to really take this stuff personally.....

The Red Sox are a lot like the Yankees in my mind; I would sure hope they could win a world series or two having the monstrous payroll advantage they do over 80% of the teams in baseball. They were overdue by what, 100 years? They finally figured out how to buy a championship, good for them.

Buy a championship?... blah blah blah. If teams "bought" championships, then there would be a LOT of other teams winning than the ones that are.

But as long as the Brewers or Phillies don't win a World Series any time soon, then i'll be happy.

Not really, just teams like the Yankees, who pay roughly $80,000,0000 more PER YEAR in salary than any other teams in baseball (if you don't include the Red Sox; the Yankees only spend $40,000,000 more than the Sox do).

For 2007, the Yankees had a $189.5 Million dollar payroll, while the Red Sox were in that $143 Million dollar range. The rest of the top 20 teams are somewhere in the $75-100 Million dollar range.

If you don't think money should buy you a consitantly better team, you are a MORON. The Twins have been decent for a long time (with a $70M payroll), but they have an excellent farm system (like the Brewers), and obviously do a pretty good job of evaluating talent. Normally, they get the most out of trades when they are unable to resign good free agents because of what teams like the Yankees can offer them. They did mess up recently when they had better offers early on for Santana and probably should have taken one of them before he went to the Mets however.

In closing, I'm really glad the Red Sox didn't get Santana, and I hope they don't win another world series for another 100 years :nice:

I didn't read your post because I really don't care what you have to say.. this is a Super Bowl thread, not one for you to come in here bashing Boston sports.


I think you need to go back and read your own damn posts. You quoted svttech76 about the Boston sports market and went on to say you hoped the Red Sox didn't win another won for 100 years. There was nothing in there where I brought up the Red Sox.. Think before you speak next time "tough guy" :rolleyes: