The Official kiddiccarus 2007 NFL Thread

Umm... This decade?.. I believe that is 2000-2010; that's this decade. Sorry, but you got nothin on them this decade. And who said anything about college sports? :shrug:

It's not 2010 yet. A decade would be 1997 - 2007, 2000-2007 would be seven years... Well, you can discount NCAA because you have to, it's still 6-5 in professional sports, unless you don't want to count the WNBA also.
 
Considering you've got what 3 Superbowl wins and 2 World Series. Boston College won the NCAA hockey in 2001.

Detroit has 3 Stanley Cups and 1 NBA championships in that time. Plus Michigan had a NCAA Football Championship and in 2000 MSU won the NCAA Basketball Championship, in 98 U of M won the NCAA Hockey and in 2007 MSU won. Not to mention WBNA, the Shock have two titles...

So, I think you're behind...

I am talking abouT MAJOR professional sports(NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA) and by decade I mean from the turn of the decade to now.. so january 1,2000- current.. the decade is not over yet but considering nobody is even close I doubt any other sports market is going to win 5 and with the sox ( I predict them to be a dynasty in the making ) the rebuilt celtics (1-2 year window)and the pats ( should contend through 2010) we have a good chace of adding to that.

NY with it's many teams has the best chance but they only have 2 (2000 yankees and 2007 giants) the best chance NY has to add to that is with it's MLB teams..

From 2000-2008 you have one nba title and 1 NHL championship

Well anyways i was kind of being a jerk in my earlier post.. I am more than a little pissed at the treatment the pats have gotten this season.. Misleading infomation and exaggerations have made a villian out of my team and then they end the year with the offensive line getting manhandled by a wild card team and they drop 3 would be interceptions that would have ended the game, plus the biggest play of the game had multiple missed holds on it.. Green almost had his arm pulled out of it's socket from behind on that play.. then to top it off Belichick had hobbs covering plaxico 1 on 1 yeah that was brilliant.

Now me and the other two pats fans here have to deal with a bunch of sheep who follow the latest trend (hate the pats) come in here and make fun of our team when their own team probably never will come anywhere near what this team has done from 2001-2008

the whole hate Belichick thing is out of control.. He went over and shook coughlins hand and hugged him after the game NOBODY has ever done that EVER in a SB but he gets called an ass and a poor looser..

What would you do in that situation??? Be happy that your powerfull team lost to a wild card team??Be happy that you got out coached by a staff that almost got fired last year??? Don't these people that flame him for leaving the feild understand that the guy was probably in just as much shock as us fans were and just wanted to get away?



I am more than a little pissed and I have every right to be bitter but hey atleast everybody got their revenge for somthing they know nothing about...

Even with the loss in the superbowl they are the only team ever to have a 16-0 regular season and the only team ever to win 18 games in one season.. they SHOULD have been the only 19-0 team ever.

Every team except the 1972 dolphins lost a game or more.. this team just picked a real bad time to loose...
 
I am talking about professional sports...

From 2000-2008 you have one nba title and 1 NHL championship

Well anyways i was kind of being a jerk in my earlier post.. I am more than a little pissed at the treatment the pats have gotten this season.. Misleading infomation and exaggerations have made a villian out of my team and then they end the year with the offensive line getting manhandled by a wild card team and they drop 3 would be interceptions that would have ended the game, plus the biggest play of the game had multiple missed holds on it.. Green almost had his arm pulled out of it's socket from behind on that play.. then to top it off Belichick had hobbs covering plaxico 1 on 1 yeah that was brilliant.




I am more than a little pissed and every right to be bitter..

Even with the loss in the superbowl they are the only team ever to have a 16-0 regular season and the only team ever to win 18 games in one season.. they SHOULD have been the only 19-0 team ever.

Every team except the 1972 dolphins lost a game or more.. this team just picked a real bad time to loose...

Actually, the '84 49er's and the '85 Bears went 18-1. If there was ever a team that should've/could've gone 19-0 other than this Patriots team, it was the '85 Bears. That was a fluke of a game that they lost; December 2nd to the Dolphins, I believe. The '85 Bears was a VERY badass team and is actually revered as the best single season team in the history of the NFL, over those '72 Dolphins. However, if we're talking just the season.. then I think the '07 Patriots have gone above them slightly. Sad to think that if they had won 1 more game they would be hailed as the undisputed greatest team of all-time, but now that they lost just 1 they're going to be remembered as the team who went 16-0 and choked (YES, choked) in the biggest game. And I do agree with you on the holding call, I was yelling for a flag the whole time. :mad: :(
 
Actually, the '84 49er's and the '85 Bears went 18-1. If there was ever a team that should've/could've gone 19-0 other than this Patriots team, it was the '85 Bears. That was a fluke of a game that they lost; December 2nd to the Dolphins, I believe. The '85 Bears was a VERY badass team and is actually revered as the best single season team in the history of the NFL, over those '72 Dolphins. However, if we're talking just the season.. then I think the '07 Patriots have gone above them slightly. Sad to think that if they had won 1 more game they would be hailed as the undisputed greatest team of all-time, but now that they lost just 1 they're going to be remembered as the team who went 16-0 and choked (YES, choked) in the biggest game. And I do agree with you on the holding call, I was yelling for a flag the whole time. :mad: :(

Sorry i meant 18 in a row...


I missed the holding when it happend I was in shock at the time.. It was bluffin024 that pointed it out to me the next day then I went back and watched it I saw it clear as day two guys were being seriously held..

But anyways it never should have gotten to that point.. They had eli flustered when he threw the ball right to "get paid" samuel and they still should have stopped them after that play.. Plus if the O-line played even half decent they would have had a much bigger lead.. So they flat out lost the game it never should have come down to missed calls and droped picks or a last minute Eli TD throw..

I am going to be pissed about that game for a while.. So this goes to everybody in this thread don't be surprised if I am a ASS for awhile
 
Mr.vax, 1990coupe,wht93ed and the rican.. Those people earned the right to talk crap they followed the giants and supported them in here all year ( well the rican showed up late)

But i really don't talk crap. I know the pats were a sick ass team. I just think the Giants were the better team that day and played with heart. The pats seemed like this cold steam roller this entire season and they finally encountered a team playing with heart trying to provem' all wrong.. they they did. :shrug:
 
I am talking abouT MAJOR professional sports(NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA) and by decade I mean from the turn of the decade to now.. so january 1,2000- current.. .

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:
Would you like to narrow it down anymore? I mean, if you want to do that. Malkin has like 10 points in three games for the Pens. So that makes him the GREATEST player EVER. . .in this generation of hockey. . .from last week til now.

And that holding call you speak of, the ref woulda called it but another Pats player was right in front in the way of the guy getting "held." IF it was that important, shame on New England for letting them hang in that close.
 
the whole hate Belichick thing is out of control.. He went over and shook coughlins hand and hugged him after the game NOBODY has ever done that EVER in a SB but he gets called an ass and a poor looser..

What would you do in that situation??? Be happy that your powerfull team lost to a wild card team??Be happy that you got out coached by a staff that almost got fired last year??? Don't these people that flame him for leaving the feild understand that the guy was probably in just as much shock as us fans were and just wanted to get away?



...
Shock or no, you don't leave early even if it is one second. He knew it wasn't over. He was a poor looser that game.
 
Now me and the other two pats fans here have to deal with a bunch of sheep who follow the latest trend (hate the pats) come in here and make fun of our team when their own team probably never will come anywhere near what this team has done from 2001-2008

..

I know it happened a long time ago but it did happen. Steelers won the SB 4 times in six years. Twice back to back. And made the playoffs every year except 1970 I believe that decade in which is sometimes called the most competitive decade in the NFL.


I know you are upset. Believe me, being a Pittsburgh fan with the Steelers getting so close for litteraly the good part of 20 years in a row, New York, Boston, LA and Detroit buying great baseball teams and having the Pirates be a farm team for those mentioned above, and the Pens who are on the cusp of something good, the let down never gets easier. Be thankful for what you have up there right now cause it might not happen again for 20 years.
 
Spags used relatively few blitzes. He was aware of Brady being able to beat them. Just occasional. The front 4 did most of the work.
The btitz was used more than usual-no? I don't remember the front 4 having that success in the final regular season game. What changed was the use of more blitzes throughout the game and opened up those big guys in the middle...hence my reference to "all night".

Red Sox, Pats,Bruins and Celtics
I've never been a real big pro sports fan other than football. Mostly I'd watch playoff and finals in other sports and that is about it. Now I've taken some interest in basketball since my son is a big basketball fan and the Hornets seem to finally be on track. I also pay attention to the Celtics since Glenn Davis is there now. I just find college sports more exciting.
 
The btitz was used more than usual-no? I don't remember the front 4 having that success in the final regular season game. What changed was the use of more blitzes throughout the game and opened up those big guys in the middle...hence my reference to "all night".

I've never been a real big pro sports fan other than football. Mostly I'd watch playoff and finals in other sports and that is about it. Now I've taken some interest in basketball since my son is a big basketball fan and the Hornets seem to finally be on track. I also pay attention to the Celtics since Glenn Davis is there now. I just find college sports more exciting.

No, they didn't blitz very much. That D-line of the Giants played out of their minds that night (just like they had to do if they wanted to stand a chance of winning) and they got it done. They seemed to drop 7 in coverage to keep everyone covered while the front 4 did their job of plowing the Pats O-line over and keeping Brady out of rythm nearly all game.
 
No, they didn't blitz very much. That D-line of the Giants played out of their minds that night (just like they had to do if they wanted to stand a chance of winning) and they got it done. They seemed to drop 7 in coverage to keep everyone covered while the front 4 did their job of plowing the Pats O-line over and keeping Brady out of rythm nearly all game.

That's what it looked like to me. So, when other teams try to copy what the Giants did to counter the Pats next year, 1st they have to go out and get a D-line like the Giants have. Not so easy.


Oddly, what the Giants need to defeat the Cows is similar but almost impossible for them. Maybe b/c Romo is more mobile.
 
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:
Would you like to narrow it down anymore? I mean, if you want to do that. Malkin has like 10 points in three games for the Pens. So that makes him the GREATEST player EVER. . .in this generation of hockey. . .from last week til now.

And that holding call you speak of, the ref woulda called it but another Pats player was right in front in the way of the guy getting "held." IF it was that important, shame on New England for letting them hang in that close.

I don't think it's a strech eliminating the WNBA from being a Major sport..
The major american pro sports are Baseball,footbal, hockey and MENS basketball..

And Most people when they talk about "team of the decade" start at the begining of the decade (2000) through the end..

for example the steelers were the team of the 70's so from 1970-1979 they were the best team..
 
That's what it looked like to me. So, when other teams try to copy what the Giants did to counter the Pats next year, 1st they have to go out and get a D-line like the Giants have. Not so easy.


Oddly, what the Giants need to defeat the Cows is similar but almost impossible for them. Maybe b/c Romo is more mobile.

te cows offesnsive line and the pats offensive line in the first game did a better job.. the pats offensive line appeared to be a step late all game..

To me it looks like they had a great game plan now that i watched the game a few times.. When the pats double teamed they had somebody ready to shoot the gap.. much of the game the pressure came from the middle..

plus watch the replay the giants did a excellent job of getting off the snap... the pats o-line seemed to be late getting in position all night..

Spags said they blitzed about 35% of the time :shrug:

I did not see that many blitzes they mixed some in but 90 percent of the pressure was from the d-line..

plus if you are going to blitz the pats or the colts or any other great qb it has to get there FAST.. the giants were very succesfull in this when they did blitz


it looks to me they had a great gameplan, executed it to perfection and it was still a very close game that could have gone either way at the end.. Against just about any other team if the giants played that well on defense they win walking away.. in fact with the way brady was getting hit and the extreme presuure from the front 4 I am surprised he did not throw a few picks.
 
I think there are only about 4 teams that can put pressure on Brady like that. Those teams being the Chargers, Colts, Ravens, and (of course) the Giants. The Ravens did it really well, but not quite as well as the other 3 did.

I'm really interested to see how the teams will adjust to what the G-men did to the Pats and who can execute that next year. The Pats have to play the Chargers and Colts on the road, so I expect those games to come down to the last couple minutes of the 4th quarter; I think the Chargers and Rivers will be very very good next year. He seemed to turn the corner about like Eli did at the end of the year, so it'll be interesting to see how those 2 play next year.

It's just crazy to think that Eli threw 4 picks (3 returned for TD's) and got beat down by the Vikings (41-17) in week 12, then beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl... what a turn of events.
 
I think there are only about 4 teams that can put pressure on Brady like that. Those teams being the Chargers, Colts, Ravens, and (of course) the Giants. The Ravens did it really well, but not quite as well as the other 3 did.

I'm really interested to see how the teams will adjust to what the G-men did to the Pats and who can execute that next year. The Pats have to play the Chargers and Colts on the road, so I expect those games to come down to the last couple minutes of the 4th quarter; I think the Chargers and Rivers will be very very good next year. He seemed to turn the corner about like Eli did at the end of the year, so it'll be interesting to see how those 2 play next year.

It's just crazy to think that Eli threw 4 picks (3 returned for TD's) and got beat down by the Vikings (41-17) in week 12, then beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl... what a turn of events.


Eli has been wildly inconsistant his whole career. Sometime during the Bills game, Gilbride made some much needed adjustments taking some of the un-neessary crap away from Eli and the receivers and Eli was able to play much better.

It's been very annoying to Giant fans for the past few years. We would see him play like Joe Montana then Ryan Leaf (almost) and switch back and forth. Never knew which Eli? The thing that pissed us off is since we saw the "good Eli" we were all waiting for him to straighten out. Then we began to suspect the playcalling.

If he always sucked, I don't think Accorsi would have sold the farm to get him. Since he did win a Superbowl, it was worth it. Giant fans hope Eli can continue to play well. This is his longest strech of good play. The INT he tossed in the SB was really on Smith. People that really believe he will return to suckiness have not been watching all his games. Just bad game highlites, of which he has had many.

I wouldn't trade him now for any QB in the league except Brady or his brother. Even then, the kid is still only 26. People may laugh at what I just wrote but Eli has a nutsack and is the ice man. Nothing as far as game situation pressure phases him at all.

Finally, he is a humble young man and always gives the credit to his supporting cast.
 
Now me and the other two pats fans here have to deal with a bunch of sheep who follow the latest trend (hate the pats) come in here and make fun of our team when their own team probably never will come anywhere near what this team has done from 2001-2008

I don't keep up on the latest trends of "who to hate", but as a fan of another AFC East Team, I hate the Pats, the Jets, and the Dolphins. Because of the fact that the Pats always manhandle the Bills, I have every right to hate them :D

the whole hate Belichick thing is out of control.. He went over and shook coughlins hand and hugged him after the game NOBODY has ever done that EVER in a SB but he gets called an ass and a poor looser...

Head coaches always meet up and shake hands after the game. OK - not everybody gets hugged, but that's not the point (I hope). My issue with Belichick was that he didn't even stay out with his defense for the last play of the game! Yea - maybe he was in shock, maybe he was disgusted, etc. but a head coach should always know what is going on with every play, so he was either negligent, or unprofessional. I felt sorry for the defense when the head coach bailed.

What would you do in that situation??? Be happy that your powerfull team lost to a wild card team??Be happy that you got out coached by a staff that almost got fired last year??? Don't these people that flame him for leaving the feild understand that the guy was probably in just as much shock as us fans were and just wanted to get away?

I would eat my medicine like a man and face the consequences of me and my teams actions. Same for Brady...he didn't even stay out to shake hands with Manning :nonono:

Look - once again - I know how emotional everybody gets about their home team, but you gotta calm down a bit. Everybody has a right to their viewpoint (just like you do) and everybody should be able to post how they feel about a particular subject - as long as it's not a direct attack on another poster. Look at it this way...if NE ends up sucking some day (which I'm sure won't happen any time soon), you should continue to post what you feel about particular games. The Superbowl is no exception :)
 
I'd like to see the Bills do better. They are techincally the only NY team in the NFL!

As for Mr. Belichick, I can understand how upset he was but if he didn't just have a brain-fart and he knew his defense had to come back for the final play before he left...tisk tisk tisk.

In that case, he absolutely should have stayed, maybe looked around the stadium, focus on the ground, wait the few seconds, grab his defense and high tail it to the locker room.

There is a certain amount of professionalism expected from an NFL head coach. Leaving the field of play if he knew his defense needed to stay, is truely classless no matter what head coach it is. In fact, I've never seen that happen before. :shrug: His father would have booted him square in the ass!
 
Yea - now hopefully we can keep them in NY. If Ralph Wilson (Bills owner) dies, we're screwed. They are already going to start playing 1 season game a year in Toronto. :nonono:


Was there good support for the CFL? Could Toronto actually draw enough fans to support an NFL team? Why can't the Canadians just become Patriots fans being they don't have an actual location. "New England" is an undefined section of the North East. That's it. Tell the Canucks the Pats are already their team!