The old car held together - DYNO NUMBERS

My fuel pressure regulator seemed to have changed, so I set it back to 39, and have been watching it. Today I went back to the dyno to make sure my a/f ratio was right.
I was glad I went. On the first pull, the ratio went up above 13:1 at 5000 rpms.
After some tuning and dialing in, I got it leveled out and added a little timing. Over all I stopped at 19* total timing. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. The a/f ratio is pretty safe, and the car held together. Now I just need to put the new 31 spline axles and diff in the car and head to the track.

Here is the dyno sheet.
511 rwhp & 479.5 tq

DynoSheet_511.jpg

Attachments

• DynoSheet_511.jpg
    DynoSheet_511.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Sponsors (?)

My fuel pressure regulator seemed to have changed, so I set it back to 39, and have been watching it. Today I went back to the dyno to make sure my a/f ratio was right.
I was glad I went. On the first pull, the ratio went up above 13:1 at 5000 rpms.
After some tuning and dialing in, I got it leveled out and added a little timing. Over all I stopped at 19* total timing. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. The a/f ratio is pretty safe, and the car held together. Now I just need to put the new 31 spline axles and diff in the car and head to the track.

Here is the dyno sheet.
511 rwhp & 479.5 tq

DynoSheet_511.jpg

That looks pretty outstanding. I'm suprised (in a good way) that the street heat carries you out that far! Guess it just proves that I need to learn more about forced induction! Nice work.

Adam

Attachments

• DynoSheet_511.jpg
    DynoSheet_511.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 76
I was seeing about 10 PSI of boost.

I am pretty surprised by how well the combo has done. this is the first car I have ever really tried modifying, so I half expect it to blow up each time I put my foot to the floor.:D

The traction isn't too bad since I got the new 315 Nitto drag radials. 1st gear spins at any time, and if I really get on it, I can spin them through second. But a little feather on the shift to second and it will hook up and go.

Originally Posted by 95mustang_gt
very nice bro.did you get it done at C & M performance with marv?do you go great lakes dragway.If you do let me know when you go, I would love to see it at the track.

So far I have done all the work and tuning myself.

The closest track to me is Rock Falls Raceway. It is a little south of Eau Claire.
I think GLD is about 250 miles from me.:( Someday I would like to go there, I have heard good things about it.

Originally Posted by fastgtfairlane
is that a stock bottom end or built shortblock

So far it is an untouched stock short block. I know it is on borrowed time, hopefully its time won't run out before this winter. My plan is to have a Dart Sportsman 364 built and upgrade the fuel system.

Originally Posted by sc95gt
What size meth nozzle are you using?

What psi are you starting the meth injection?

I have the 375 ml nozzle in there. I thought about upgrading to the next size nozzle, but it seems to be running so well, I hate to mess with it, and I don't think I should be looking to get too much more out of the stock block. :D

Right now I have it set so that it starts spraying the Meth/water at 2 PSI, and it is full on by 9 PSI

Not bad, I would expect a little more than 19 degrees total. Im running 21 degrees total w/ stock iron heads w/ No problems. You should be able to run 21-25 degrees total w/ those aluminum heads.

Nice numbers! Even better is the nice flat A/F curve.

I would also say that you should be able to see more total timing, especially with the meth kit. However, I don't have proof as I also do my own tuning but I haven't messed with tuning for meth (so that comment is pure speculation as there are alot of things that play into the equation). I think I will be putting one on this winter so thats probably going to change, lol.

Congrats on the 500+rwhp. I like showing people how tough these little 302's are and that we can get it done with a completely stock bottom end. I personally have 151,000+ miles on my untouched bottom end. Im also happy to see other really simple combos getting it done. My a/f was just a touch richer than yours and timing is the same.