The secret is out !!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure that makes me all warm and fuzzy.

The other cars in the group were the Chevy Vega, Fiat Spyder, 63 Falcon, and a 280 Z.
The only one of those I'd consider owning ((other than the Mustang) is the 280Z.

Reactions: 1 user
Where are they finding them for under 5 grand these days? Especially a "well kept stock example" like the article calls for, haha. These days if you're finding them for under $5, Ricky Bobby is gonna be all over it.

i bought mine back in 06 for 3500 completely stock, only real problem being a bit of hail damage and some high (~140k) mileage. deals can still be found, just takes a bit of searching.

your hard pressed to find a near stock notch or hatch in my area and if it's clean it's gonna be every bit of $5,000. Convertibles seem to be a lot easier to find clean and in near stock condition but people still seem to want a little to much.

Meh, the 25th anniversary Vette was supposed to be a collector as well, and look what happened to that POS.

I can see the SVT cars eventually being worth some money, especially the R versions (already are), but I doubt you'll see the fox bodies approach significant collector status as they're still quite common. Classic cars generally appreciate in value only if they are limited in numbers.

Good luck to those of you who own stock examples though, honestly I hope it works out for you and they are worth big money one day. Every day that passes by our cars become more and more exclusive. The last all ford car show I was at there were over 150 cars there and only about 6 clean foxes and 3 clean SN-95 aeros.

Keep in mind that there were over 20,000 GTs produced every year from 1987 - 1993 meaning there were well over 100,000 aero fox body cars produced in GT trim. OTOH, there were only 20,000 1969 Z-28's which are worth big money today and that body style only was around for one year. Also consider that the gas crisis of the 70's resulted in the destruction of many of the famous muscle cars of the 60's making them even more exclusive.

Meh, the 25th anniversary Vette was supposed to be a collector as well, and look what happened to that POS.

I can see the SVT cars eventually being worth some money, especially the R versions (already are), but I doubt you'll see the fox bodies approach significant collector status as they're still quite common. Classic cars generally appreciate in value only if they are limited in numbers.

Good luck to those of you who own stock examples though, honestly I hope it works out for you and they are worth big money one day. Every day that passes by our cars become more and more exclusive. The last all ford car show I was at there were over 150 cars there and only about 6 clean foxes and 3 clean SN-95 aeros.

Keep in mind that there were over 20,000 GTs produced every year from 1987 - 1993 meaning there were well over 100,000 aero fox body cars produced in GT trim. OTOH, there were only 20,000 1969 Z-28's which are worth big money today and that body style only was around for one year. Also consider that the gas crisis of the 70's resulted in the destruction of many of the famous muscle cars of the 60's making them even more exclusive.

I kinda see it like the '69 Camaro back in the '80s - you couldn't give those things away. Now, you can pretty much name your price, especially if it's a matching number DZ 302 Z28. My dad paid $300 for his '69 Camaro Pace Car in 1985. Granted it was a basket case, but in that case you're buying the VIN. Try and find a deal like that now.

Between wrecks, rot, and cutting them up for race cars, the number of good, quality foxes is declining. I'm sure we have a long way to go before they are considered "rare", but maybe one day soon...

you have to search hard here I paid 36 for my lx hatch that got totaled and 3800 for my notch which is straight but not perfect