The Speed channel needs to make a change

03Stangr

New Member
Oct 14, 2007
98
0
0
I don't understand why the speed channel seems to have a problem with showing both Rolex and Continental Tire series racing same day coverage. Do they just like the Rolex Series better or something ? Watching a race a week later isn't all that fun. I get the news from Ford Racing before I see it and that I don't care for. Wish they would change that or give it some other channel to do correctly. They never even change them around or take turns which one they will show on the same day of the race. I only saw the Mustangs once in a Rolex series race, in the GT class I think it was.
 
I don't understand why the speed channel seems to have a problem with showing both Rolex and Continental Tire series racing same day coverage. Do they just like the Rolex Series better or something ? Watching a race a week later isn't all that fun. I get the news from Ford Racing before I see it and that I don't care for. Wish they would change that or give it some other channel to do correctly. They never even change them around or take turns which one they will show on the same day of the race. I only saw the Mustangs once in a Rolex series race, in the GT class I think it was.
example below :
Well.. I can't wait to see this race, of course I could go to Grandam.com and read about who won since this race was last week - ouch
DATE: Saturday (July 30, 2011)
TIME: 3 PM ET
NETWORK: SPEED
EVENT: B+ Foundation Heroes 200

Tune in to SPEED at 3 PM ET for coverage of the B+ Foundation Heroes 200 from New Jersey Motorsports Park.

Round Nine of the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge finds drivers not only battling each other but the sweltering hot conditions as well. Check out Billy Johnson and Jack Roush Jr. as they turn up the heat on Paul Dalla Lana in the Grand Sport class championship standings and witness an event that has not happened in eight years unfold in the Street Tuner class.

I really feel that a POLE is in order. I'll send an email to Grandam and let them know I have a idea for their suggestion box. Which will ask people to vote on which Grandam races they feel should be televised - same day. I can guarantee that more people would watch the Continental Tire Challenge on Television if it was Same Day Covered like the Rolex Series is. That's just natural due to the fact that some have already read about who won the week before when the race took place, rather than a week after the race. I still watch them because I just love Grandam and Drag racing - or any Road Racing for that matter. Keep in mind that nascar is not considered Road Racing, for those that aren't already aware.
 
The bigger series get played live. The smaller series get tape delayed. Why show a smaller series live when they could show something else that draws advertisers that pay a lot more? There's a ton of racing every weekend. Only the top series get shown live.
 
The bigger series get played live. The smaller series get tape delayed. Why show a smaller series live when they could show something else that draws advertisers that pay a lot more? There's a ton of racing every weekend. Only the top series get shown live.

Well, that's certainly open to debate. I know a lot of people that prefer the Continental Tire Challenge over the Rolex Series. I don't dislike Rolex, Just don't prefer it, and like I said, I know a lot of people who would agree.
 
Well, that's certainly open to debate. I know a lot of people that prefer the Continental Tire Challenge over the Rolex Series. I don't dislike Rolex, Just don't prefer it, and like I said, I know a lot of people who would agree.

And I prefer a NASCAR Truck race over a Formula 1 race, but that doesn't mean the trucks outrank F1 when it comes to selling ad space. Whatever draws the highest ratings pulls in the most advertising dollars and gets the live spot.
 
I'm not happy about Speed announcing the Formula 1 winner before it air's to the public on FOX. I wrote them a letter as both the website and the channel announced the winner hours before FOX aired the race. If Speed air's the race it's at 7:30am which is great. If on another channel they spoil it.