The thread of the nicest FOXES!

• Sponsors (?)

LOL, whats funny is after I rear ended a car with mine the drivers fender looked about like his. I know it has a purpose but IMO it looks like crap.

Its no different than maier or tiger fenders. I just didnt pay out the nose for them. And its a necessity, people either love it or hate it.

I personally love the look and so does my lady so i'll be doing the same thing to my new 88

I love your whole car. BTW, how did you do the fenders? At first glance I thought they were Capri fenders, but now I really have no idea. Looks wicked, either way, very nice.

fiveohwblow said:
Look at his list of threads and or posts. He posted how to along with pics and all. :nice:

Oh yea, i did use to have a buidl thread didnt it, then certain people started to queer up the site so i stopped updating it :rlaugh:. Even those pictures are old and dont show the latest updates to the car like the floor mats and MC-Machine cluster with cobalt gauges.

In short though, i used 1" wide steel bars with double threaded eyelets attached to them, i cut off all the portions of steel behind the front ground effects and most of the excess plastic on them too, 1 bar was made to push the fender out and another was made to oush the ground effect out. The back portion has the part behind the side skirt cut till about 1/2 from the fender edge and 2 more bars are used to push that portion out, in total its about 5" of clearance i gained to fit my 275/40/17's

Before
PICT0021-1.jpg

After
PICT0022-1.jpg

Bars
PICT0029.jpg

Neat idea! I think I can use something like that on my '88. Although my fronts are 245-45-17 and should clear, they rub on the front edge of the inner plastic both while parking and on g-outs over big dips. I want to put my drop springs in, but it already rubs at stock height so I gotta fix that first. Thanks for the pics!

See that's what is strange about my car... I have always ran 245 45 17's and mine is lowered 2" at least. No rub here :shrug:

I know 91 has a larger fender opening, but it seems many have rubbing issues where I don't :shrug:

See that's what is strange about my car... I have always ran 245 45 17's and mine is lowered 2" at least. No rub here :shrug:

I know 91 has a larger fender opening, but it seems many have rubbing issues where I don't :shrug:
Mine rubs on the driver's side fender on the front part of the fender opening, but not on the passenger's side. I've owned the car since Jan '91 and nowhere on the car is there any evidence of an accident, but there's no way it's not gonna get worse if I drop it, so until I either buy smaller fronts or rework the fenders a bit, it's unfortunately got to stay at stock height. Bummer...

:thinking:

Shaolin, you sir are a tool for wanting wider tires to e competitive with your other road racing brethren.

I'm sure if you asked rearwood he would say the same.

Please get rid of your HIDEOUS Mustang and stop doing things that affect the 10/10 aesthetics Ford gods blessed us with

Kthxbubai