The V6 Exhaust sound clip thread.

Has anyone ever just taken off their muffler all together?

I brought my car in for service earlier this week and a kid that works there walks up to me and says that I should take the muffler off. He said they dynod a V6 without any muffler and it was a 10HP gain. Any truth to this?

Now, I honestly can say that I would never do this because I'm assuming it would sound like crap, but I was just curious is anyone has experimented with it.

nice job! I really like the sound of the pypes brand. I didn't know anything about Pypes when I had my flowmaster duals installed or I might have went with them.

Hey guys,
I was wondering how much performance there would be gained from a cat back exhaust with x-pipe vs just a single axle back given the same brands???

Thanks

Hi blackstang14,

There is virtually no difference in performance, but there is a difference in sound.

Duals sound better.

Since you will be driving your stang for years, go with what makes YOU happy.

I chose the duals for looks and sound.

I'm happy

SOHC

Attachments

• mustParkingLRVC_275x7451.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 370
Haven't been around here in awhile, but I guess I'll throw mine up here

Bassani X Pipe replaced the original Y, dual pipes down to dual GT Mufflers.

Sound clip is kinda raspy and distorted, but nonetheless,

Dual GT Exhaust Rev

GT Takeoffs are like what, $40-60 on eBay? X-Pipe was like $20 and the labor was $175 at a random muffler shop.

i have a 06 v6 and i wanna get as much hp power as possible which is a near impossible task for a v6. what do u guys recomend relating to intake, exhaust and chipping?