Theft light after clock spring install

Venom_Nitrous

Founding Member
Aug 23, 2002
Spearfish, SD
HEy, I just installed a new clock sping in the car and now my theft light flashes and the car won't fire. All of the connesctions are good. Do I need to reprogram it? I did crack the little ring around the cylinder for the pats. Not bad, just a crack that popped bach into place and the wires weren't torn inside.

• Sponsors (?)

Venom_Nitrous:

I don't know whether the crack in the ring is tolerable by the PATS system. I would think that any damage to a PATS component would not be OK. There is an antenna on the bottom side of the steering column so maybe a wire or connector got jarred and is not quite seated. The shop manual has about 30 pages of PATS troubleshooting. I'll go thumb through that section and see if there is any mention about the ring around the cylinder. Have you tried to read DTC codes? There are a few PATS codes that might pop up to help identify what specific problem might have occurred.

Stay tuned.

Chris

Venom_Nitrous:

I don't know whether the crack in the ring is tolerable by the PATS system. I would think that any damage to a PATS component would not be OK. There is an antenna on the bottom side of the steering column so maybe a wire or connector got jarred and is not quite seated. The shop manual has about 30 pages of PATS troubleshooting. I'll go thumb through that section and see if there is any mention about the ring around the cylinder. Have you tried to read DTC codes? There are a few PATS codes that might pop up to help identify what specific problem might have occurred.

Stay tuned.

Chris

Thank you very much, I will read the DTC this evening.