these questions are getting old

ok guys i know these questions are getting old...but im just wondering this guy around me owns a 98 svt cobra...he always talks about how fast it is but i have called him out n he wont come he might have a few mods but as far as i know besides it sounding bas ass its stock....what i have is in my sig + ill add what i left out.....flattop pistons, Comp Cams 280s solid lift cam 1970 351 Windsor heads, fully polished and ported, new valves, springs, locks, rollertip rockers, guide plates, hardened pushrods. Holley street dominator single plane intake.
and BBK shorty headers i think i will take him in the 1/4 myself just wondering thought need some opinoins thanks fellas sorrry for the bother:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

mattmcdan said:
Mustang guys aren't supposed to race each other, thats why you find someone with a camaro :D

Right here bitch!!! A mustang at least wants to know there is a chance it might win!

:Jester:

No, but if you wanna buy it. No, I agree, you'll kill him. The first generation DOHC 4.6's were a waste of engineering as they came. They need a blower to wake up. I drove one the other day and couldn't get over how dissapointing it was. It's decent, but I put that big motor in it, and for what?

It's hard to tell, your car is carbed, and you are using a set of heads that are not widely used.
With the carb setup correctly, and the rest of the car on the money, your car could be a beast, on the other hand, if it's not all straight, it could be a slug with a big heavy engine.

Don't tell him, and take your car to the track, any slower than 13.50, and i'd put my money on him.

98 cobra's are fast with 4.10 gears. I've seen them in the very high 12's with a dyno tune, bolt on's and 4.10 gears. In the lower RPM's they are dogs, but when your racing you not exactly in the low rpm's. If you can't call him out in front of people for a race. Tell him you'll race him where no one else is around. Maybe he's scared to lose in front of people. You know, the whole ego thing!

2000xp8 said:
you are using a set of heads that are not widely used.

Wtf are you talking about. Have you even owned a fox body for more than a minute :rolleyes: More people put those heads on their 302/351's than the gt-40 and p heads combined. That used to be THE HEAD SWAP aside from aluminum.

Anyway 87 with your combo, if you have the carb jetted right, I would expect you to make some were in the 330-345 ranger at the wheels with your combo. Enough to trounce most 98 cobra's...

Woodrow said:
Wtf are you talking about. Have you even owned a fox body for more than a minute :rolleyes: More people put those heads on their 302/351's than the gt-40 and p heads combined. That used to be THE HEAD SWAP aside from aluminum.
351 heads? So you think more people have old 351 heads than gt40's? and you ask wtf and I talking about?
For someone that's been a member since 2002, you must not read alot of posts.

My friend has a bolton 93 Notch with a Cobra Intake, full exhuast, pulleys, 3.08's and ran a 97 Cobra a few weeks ago that was stock other than side exhuast. They ran from a 20 roll, first run, the notch hopped out pretty good but the Cobra missed second, they ran again, the Cobra jumped and started off half a car ahead, notch spun that time and was still coming back up pretty hard. If they get an even launch the notch would have pulled away.

2000xp8 said:
351 heads? So you think more people have old 351 heads than gt40's? and you ask wtf and I talking about?
For someone that's been a member since 2002, you must not read alot of posts.

I am sorry I dont have the time to sit on here and answer everyone's question's, but if you look the **** up or ask any of the cam guys or engine builders on here, you will be eating your words. Btw I said that USED TO BE the head swap, I will admit this head swap was prominent before the gt40's and p heads came about, pre stangnet's time thats why there isnt much talk of running the on 302's anymore, but the 69-70 DOOE heads had larger valves and ports.