They Painted Her Last Weekend!

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_20170925_201758_01.jpg
IMG_20170925_201816_01.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
What's the rest of the plan and on the to-do list?

I started a blog when it went away for body and paint. Can see much more detail here:
http://sylvia1967blog.wordpress.com

Basically, to answer your question it is just a matter of putting it back together, or so I thought. While at the shop they managed to break my transmission cooler, will need a new one before I can start it up.

Before I can put the interior back together I need to cut/drill my trans tunnel for the ratchet shifter.

I just discovered they also managed to pinch my fuel line, looks like about 90% blocked now. I suspect I can start it that way (running off the bowls) but not drive it. Maybe if I have to replace the entire fuel line it is time to go EFI with an in-tank pump?

So those three are the big items. Yesterday I put the gas-cap reverse lights, door handles on. Was going to do headlights but am missing the two tension springs, so waiting on brown santa for that. Bumpers will be here next week. I ran into what may be a pretty serious problem, just posted about the issue here (https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/parking-lights-on-aftermarket-valence-1967.900743/), if anyone can help please do.

Passing my safety inspection will follow once I have a seat to sit on :) I have it licensed and insured already so I plan to be driving it before end of year for sure, but plan on spending the winter ironing out a zillion bugs. Hopefully by Spring it can go on an actual road trip. I don't think it will ever be completely done. I thought my top looked pretty good, until I saw it next to new paint, so that needs to be replaced, considering a new skeleton for that down the road. As long as I can hop in and go for a spin I will consider the project done, just in a state of perpetual maintenance and refinement.

Reactions: 1 user
Meh... Do you have any reason to think it might run poorly with a carb?

Not specifically, but it is not running "right". To be honest I've only got about 2 hours of run-time on the engine, almost all of that in the garage/driveway but with a few illegal trips around the block trying to adjust the TV cable.

I've adjusted the mixture a few times, the float level a few times but cannot get a good idle. It barely runs below 1,000 RPM, in danger of stuttering to a stop. At about 1,200 RPM it smooths out considerably but doesn't run what I'd call smooth until idle hits around 1,400 which I consider way too high for a middle-of-the-road cam. I can smell that it is still rich, but I really don't want to look at jets or metering blocks. It is an off-the-shelf Holley 750 vac-sec no choke. I'm a bit overcarbed for 357 cubic inches, heads are stock perfmormer-RPM (2.02i/1.60e) units.