Things are looking good!!!

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
Well just wanted to let everyone know i made it home ok... well sort of... i stopped to get gas and my battery decided to die... LOL well someone was nice enough to jump me and i limped the car home... where i installed the new harmonic balancer, brand new belt, and a brand new battery... washed and waxed her today... pics should be up as soon as the g/f sends them to me... balancer was SOOOO easy excpt that i had to drive 30 minutes back to advance auto that my friend works at because the puller i rented was missing the one peice i needed... the center point that goes on the crank... i wanted to stab someone when i noticed it was missing... considering i had the whole thing apart and ready to go.... OH well... the car feels completely different... much more power then b4 for some reason i guess all the things ive been replacing helped... feels beter then when i bought her... headers still havent come... :mad: but as soon as they are here they are going on... Im starting to make plans for the spring... i see a gt40p with a 100shot.... :nice: but for now ill keep working on this motor she is just ready to roll over 208k and still pulls like a complete beast... OH and guess what guys... something i replaced fixxed my pinging issue that the car had when i bought it!!!!!!!!:nice:

Having a nice running car with a new clutch is boss....

• Sponsors (?)

Glad to hear it - you made short work of that project.

If you ever timed the car with the old balancer, you might want to double check the setting; if the outer ring had slipped, who knows what actual timing it was set at.

Enjoy!

nope never timed it... glad i didnt im sure it slipped.... ill post a pic of the thing tomorrow... it was BAD... the isolator or what ever was fully out in one place... thing was falling apart... i usually try to be quick when it comes to getting things done... since im at school its hard sometimes... but the weekends is where the magic happens... only had the car a few months and already got alot of work done on it... if i could afford the gasket set for the explorer manifold its sitting in the basment with the sn-95 elbow ready to go on... while its sitting im thinking about polishing it... what do you think??? got some sand paper in the basement...

Polishing the plenum? You might want something pretty heavy duty. It seems to me that the factory uses a nasty powdercoating type stuff on those plenums - even with power tools it looks like a LOT of work (I have not polished an upper). The bling guys can help you out with suggestions (Mansonozz and some of the other guys have polishing guides. I think Stang22's website has some info from AlmostStock too).

Have fun!

If you ever timed the car with the old balancer, you might want to double check the setting; if the outer ring had slipped, who knows what actual timing it was set at.

definately check the timing out. with my stock balancer i would time the car at one point, then 5 minutes later it was different. what grade gas do you run? ill guess that your timing was way high and it was pinging cause of that

DSCF0427.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0427.jpg
    DSCF0427.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 36