Thinking about buying smack...

Shiroelex

There's nothing worse than aut
Founding Member
Aug 23, 2001
Westland, MI
I have about 700 left from taxes that I want to spend on my car, and have been considering giggle gas for a while. I don't know a thing about nitrous at all, so I wanted to ask for some opinions on what kit to get. I want something that is SAFE. That is first and foremost on my list, since I drive the car to the track. I was looking at a few Zex wet kits on Ebay earlier, and they seem to be right in my range. I was hoping for a Mustang-specific kit, preferably with a plate. I want it to be as simple as possible, and get the most bang for the buck. Anyone have any suggestions? :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Safe and reliable, but not cheap. NX plate kit for the 2v 4.6. Usually go for around $600-$650.

They come with a wide open throttle switch, that is key!. The WOT switch will only allow the nitrous to activate at 100% full throttle.

You'll need a bottle pressure guage if it isn't included to make sure you are at the right level of PSI. $35~ if not included.

You should also invest in a window switch. Several companies make them, they can be found for around $120+... Summit Racing has one that may work, it retails for $40-$45 I think, but I'm not sure it's meant to work with the COP setup.

If you live in a cold place, a bottle heater is almost a must.

Remote opener is handy, but not needed.

Fuel pressure saftey switch is another safety option, but not NEEDED. It will cut the nitrous off if the fuel PSI falls below a certain amount.

It really costs alot to do it RIGHT. I would buy a kit lesser than NX, such as Dyno Tune as well though...

NX states that you CAN run a stock tune/timing with a 100 shot on their kits. Thats up to you if you want to risk that. AT LEAST put it on a dyno and check the A/F ratio while spraying if you felt comfortable with that. If not, add on the $ for a nitrous tune. YOU CANNOT RUN A PERFORMANCE TUNE WITH NITROUS! Added timing is a recipe for disaster.

Safe and reliable, but not cheap. NX plate kit for the 2v 4.6. Usually go for around $600-$650.

They come with a wide open throttle switch, that is key!. The WOT switch will only allow the nitrous to activate at 100% full throttle.

You'll need a bottle pressure guage if it isn't included to make sure you are at the right level of PSI. $35~ if not included.

You should also invest in a window switch. Several companies make them, they can be found for around $120+... Summit Racing has one that may work, it retails for $40-$45 I think, but I'm not sure it's meant to work with the COP setup.

If you live in a cold place, a bottle heater is almost a must.

Remote opener is handy, but not needed.

Fuel pressure saftey switch is another safety option, but not NEEDED. It will cut the nitrous off if the fuel PSI falls below a certain amount.

It really costs alot to do it RIGHT. I would buy a kit lesser than NX, such as Dyno Tune as well though...

NX states that you CAN run a stock tune/timing with a 100 shot on their kits. Thats up to you if you want to risk that. AT LEAST put it on a dyno and check the A/F ratio while spraying if you felt comfortable with that. If not, add on the $ for a nitrous tune. YOU CANNOT RUN A PERFORMANCE TUNE WITH NITROUS! Added timing is a recipe for disaster.

Oh, I know the dangers of too much timing and nitrous. :D I would be unloading my custom tune at the track if I were to spray. The company that sold me my Xcal3 will mail me a nitrous tune for $50, so I may do that. I'll probably buy the rest of the tidbits over time; I just want to buy something fun now!

Oh, I know the dangers of too much timing and nitrous. :D I would be unloading my custom tune at the track if I were to spray. The company that sold me my Xcal3 will mail me a nitrous tune for $50, so I may do that. I'll probably buy the rest of the tidbits over time; I just want to buy something fun now!

Harris Speed Works :: EFI Nitrous Kits :: Ford Vehicles :: HSW Wet Nitrous Kits :: Sudden Impact Series :: HSW Sudden Impact Single Nozzle Wet Nitrous Kit (MODULAR MOTOR)

Here's an option, a good kit that's relatively inexpensive. :nice:

I'm gonna order that HSW kit when I get home! That really is a steal. Another question though, is this going to spray on launch? I'm gonna be running 26 or 28" slicks with Strange 10 ways and MM extreme adjustable arms, and want to do some VERY impressive launches.

To the OP, if you have ran 13.0's as your car sits now. You should be deep into the 11's on a 100/125 shot. I went from 13.50's to 12.50's with the 100shot jets in that HSW kit.

That's what I am hoping for :nice: I did that on drag radials, and this year I will be on slicks. I'm gonna order that kit now, and the purge kit for it as well. I don't want to buy one of their expensive controllers, so I am looking around for a good window switch.

Just made the purchase for that kit that was linked, and the purge kit to go with it. I'll probably get that MSD box in a few weeks. I know the nitrous guys usually run a different plug. What spark plugs should I buy for this beast? If I get comfortable with the 100 shot, I might step it up to the 125.

For spark plugs I just use the NGK TR6's. They are 1 heat range colder than stock. As for the window switch, I ran my car for 3 months on the n2o without having a window switch. Just be very careful about when you go WOT and definately get off the gas between shifts.

And congrats on the purchase! You are going to love how hard your car will pull on the bottle!

Just made the purchase for that kit that was linked, and the purge kit to go with it. I'll probably get that MSD box in a few weeks. I know the nitrous guys usually run a different plug. What spark plugs should I buy for this beast? If I get comfortable with the 100 shot, I might step it up to the 125.

:nice: Yeah, you're gonna like it. :nice: Maybe you should have bought the window switch before the purge kit? Oh well. :cheers:

For spark plugs I just use the NGK TR6's. They are 1 heat range colder than stock. As for the window switch, I ran my car for 3 months on the n2o without having a window switch. Just be very careful about when you go WOT and definately get off the gas between shifts.

And congrats on the purchase! You are going to love how hard your car will pull on the bottle!

What he said :D Another spark plug choice (that I use) is the 1 step colder Motorcraft copper core AGSF-22-C, which is now SP-505. :nice: