Thinking about buying used supercharger...

03stang26

Jun 3, 2003
My friend is selling a used supercharger and it's off his 2003 gt its called the 1000RR by paxton.I have a few questions about it, first of all will this even fit my 2000 gt? Also how much would you say a performance auto shop would charge to install this? Since this is used, can I just put the chip right into mine or do I have to get it tuned? I need a lil info thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

03stang26 said:
My friend is selling a used supercharger and it's off his 2003 gt its called the 1000RR by paxton.I have a few questions about it, first of all will this even fit my 2000 gt? Also how much would you say a performance auto shop would charge to install this? Since this is used, can I just put the chip right into mine or do I have to get it tuned? I need a lil info thanks guys.

Well you have some options here , chip dont bother with , send your ECM to Tim at modularfordpowerhouse.com , unless you are close enough to drive your car there , dyno tuning is the only way to get it dialed in right . did he take the fuel pump , injectors , fitting for the oil drain in the front of the oil pan , all that extra stuff off ??? because if you have to buy all these things separate you might run into some $$ there , a tuner kit which is basically what you are getting if he doesnt give you the injectors , fuel pump etc. is only about 2300 to 2500 bucks so just keep that in mind .

So I wouldnt pay a whole lot for it . But everything else should work with maybe some little differences but nothing that cant be over come pretty easily .

Its the entire kit hes selling, fuel injectors and all. He's selling the entire kit for 1500 and its got 10000 miles on it. How much would fordpowerhouse.com charge to tune it?

Its the entire kit hes selling, fuel injectors and all. He's selling the entire kit for 1500 and its got 10000 miles on it. How much would modularfordpowerhouse.com charge to tune it?

03stang26 said:
I just checked out paxtonauto.com and the 2003 one is a different model number then the 2000, so it must be different.

Probably just something minor different about kit , I wouldnt worry about that so much , just call paxton and see if they can tell you if you will need any additional parts , etc.