Thinking about switching intakes.

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
I was thinking about selling my Edelbrock Performer 5.0 and going with either a TFS Track Heat or their R series Intake. I plan on getting a blower in the near future and be pushing around 12-14psi then later on upgrading the block to a low comp. 331.

I also like the idea of having an all TFS powered car. Would switching intakes be benificial for me? If so, how much could I get for my Edelbrock? Its got about 5000 miles on it, no defects, lower is in great condition.

• Sponsors (?)

Since it's painted you'd need to find someone that wants red lettering. I got mine brand new in the classifieds for $400 shipped to my door. I would start at $375 and see what you can do.

Jake

Actually i am looking for one and the ones i've been looking at are going for around $300 plus shipping. If you decide to sell it anytime soon let me know cuz i am still in need of one since no one will ship COD.

I say keep the Performer, wait till you buy the new shortblock, then buy the R. I wouldn't buy the R and put it on the stock shortblock. IMO, it's too big of a manifold to drive on the street with unless you have a pretty radical combination. Before I scored up my GT40, I was looking at Performers, and they were going for 350-400 all day long. If need be, just bead blast the red off of the manifold, and that will take it to it's "as cast" state.

Joe

The Performer is an all around great intake. My best N/A times were with the Performer. I couldn't trap 106+MPH with the RPM for some reason. I say keep it until the power adder. I still have my Performer upper in the garage. I should dyno them both.