35th Anniv Thinking of buying a 99 GT

syphon0202

Feb 8, 2011
I am thinking of buying a 99 GT (not LE). The car has around 100k miles on it and is selling for $6000. I was just wondering if:

A) This is a good price

B) The car will keep running for another few years. I don't want it to break down on me in a year.

Thanks for your input. Also, the description says it has "BOOST gauges." In the pictures the car has two gauges mounted on the upper door frame by the driver... Thanks again for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

My first thought when you said BOOSTED was that a "boosted" engine with 100K will probably not be a good long term item. If it was well maintained and driven with some care it would probably last to 200K even boosted, but usually a modded car will be driven harder. 6000K is a decent price if the car is clean. But you could ask less.

-Jason

The 4.6L 2V is a good modular motor but it depends on whats already done to the car if anything. Has it ever been rebuilt? How many miles? Any aftermarket perforamance upgrades already there? Any exterior upgrades? Body condition which is huge. If you need to repaint the car it can get costly depending on the prep work required and the paint type. IE candy color paints and/or perl additives. There are alot of good PPG paints that I use but your better off buying a car without any exterior paint or body problems as these can get costly if its not lookin good already.