Thinking of buying this 88GT

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
It's bone stock down to the intake silencer and I have a wealth of parts from my pretty much demolished 90. He wants 3500 for it. 180K miles but it's been serviced religiously by the shop I work at and it's not raced. No rust, no wrecks, has some door dings but nothing major.

Yes, starting all over again is more expensive but I'm tired of the headaches.

SSPX0061.jpg

SSPX0060.jpg

Manual windows!!!

Oh did I mention that he is thinking about taking it down for the CFC program. Obama ain't getting this unit if I can help it. :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

What sucks is that it's completly stock.... and what's awesome about it is that it's completly stock. Not real nice so that I feel guilty doing what I plan to do to it, but nice enough I won't be embarrassed or feel like I'm in a complete pile.

Unmollested foxes are almost impossible to find, and one that was cared for... unreal. It has a crappy Macco paintjob, and some door dings but that's really not that big of a deal.

I'm getting the cash togeater. :)

I really hope you get the cash together cause that would be a real shame to lose such a great car like that. Its pristine! I would much rather see it get modded to hell then crushed and the engine purposly siezed. :(

It looks straight and clean. Interior looks very nice. You know some of the history so that's a bonus, but 180K is getting up there.

I would think with the C4C program going on, it'd be harder to get a fox for under 3500 since people can trade them in for at least 3500. I dunno though, i'm not looking for a fox.

But if you've already got plans, why not find a nice clean roller for cheap? Drop an explorer 5.0 in if you don't have a motor. I don't know what parts you've got stocked up, but that seems easier than swapping everything out.

Thanks. I think I'll do it, for any other reason because I don't want to be beaten by 87GTragtop... nothing worse than being beaten up by a vert owner. :jester:

My '90 appears to be a good roller, but it needs so much. I almost got an Explorer 5.0 but there are so many things it needed. I figured out that my other car would need somewhere around $2000 to get it going plus all the headaches that go with that. See... I have to pass the sniffer... that crap sucks. So I figure I'll get a car that I can drive now and being so nice I can enjoy it, now. This doesn't mean the '90 will see the crusher either.... no not at all, I will keep it like any respectable redneck would. Nothing like having a backup chassis and tons of backup parts.

I am thinking of going ahead and getting that 5.0 Explorer engine. Our parts people weren't too happy when I cancled it because they had already pulled the engine out of the truck. So.... I was thinking... put in the exploder engine modded, keep the factory engine factory... swap out engines at emmisions time, raise hell between times. :evil: