thinking of ditching the E-cam

dans89lx

Jan 23, 2007
ok so ive got an 89 lx hatch. its got a trick flow upper and lower, e cam, mildly ported gt-40 irons, c4 auto w/ 2800 stall, hooker LT's, pretty much all the bolt ons, 3.73's, nitto dr's (for now)...im hearing that with my setup (the gt40's have the crane 1.7's since they are out of my old 94 cobra) that a B cam would give me some significant increases throughout the power curve. or should i be looking more at the trickflow cams as i have been hearing some pretty good things about them. I would really love to go with a custom grind and a nicer set of heads but i dont know how much longer i am gonna have this setup after i graduate college in may so i dont want to get that far into it.

• Sponsors (?)

e cam is not a powerfull cam, rather a nice sounding slight upgrade. It is show more than go. If you want to stick with LETTER cams, the x is good.

Otherwise, comp baby....or crane 2030, 2031 are nice as well for your setup.

I think the extra $150 dollars, even on that set-up makes it worthwhile. He would get better driveability and performance over the above mentioned cams.

And all for $150 extra:)

My set up is similar to yours, except my car is carburated(old school). Iwent from the GT40 irons to the aluminim TFS Twisted Wedge heads and went with the 1.7 RR's to get more lift out of my B cam. Noticable diferences was weight saving of course, but a lot more torque out of the motor.

Dan save your money you wont gain anything worth while if you are going to change the setup later. Just wait and buy the cam for the new setup or later you will be stuck with two cams that are not optimal for you new setup.

P.S You must have plans in the making to come catch me. lol Remember bobby ran 7.9's with gt40s and an e cam. If you just have to spend money by transbrake or suspension parts