Thinking of switching to SVO sail panels... any opinions?

N8Miller

I need NOS....make it 2 of the big ones
Founding Member
Jul 26, 2000
Kingston, PA, USA
After i had a customer at work yesterday, i think that they look sweet. Just a different touch and lose the louvered look and not go to the 87-93 plain glass look like everyone else does.

heres a pic of the SVO sail panels (not the ones im gonna get, just a pic i found on cardomain):
2206008_3_full.jpg

and:
2472664_1_full.jpg

and my stock style:
483627_23_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

i think she would look pretty good like that. Should be the same ones from capris arent they? i know i found a set on a 80 something capri out in the boneyard.

I think they wouldnt look right. Its one of the things I think is SVO only. Actually there are very few SVO things that would look good on anything but an SVO, headlights, hood, wing, skirts, louvers, I think in order for it to look right it all has to be together on an SVO...

But thats me, if you do it, post up!

That would look nice, cleaned up a bit, painted red or black. My 83 Turbo Capri had similar ones, just had horizontal fake vent lines from the inset point on the sail , instead of the vent lines running parallel with the quarter window edge.

Yeah, see, Frankie got the Capri ones posted (I've been doing the 5.0 thing too long, never needed to learn computers, or I'd have posted mine.) Those SVO jobbies were going on my 83 Turbo, till I found out how many were made, and sold it to wanted a 83 Turbo Capri, like it was. SVO's clean, very nice!