this cant be safe.

woodyy24

Mar 30, 2005
illinois
0426082324.jpg

add 2 more notches to the LS1 kill post.:rock:

• Sponsors (?)

an open flame on a nitrous bottle isnt' bad.. **** the haters. i do it. as long as you're not a complete dumb ass and keep the flame movign (as opposed to just laying it down in ONE spot), you'll be fine.

nitrous isnt flammable anyways. it is an OXIDISER and N2O is the scientific name for nitrous and guess what our atmosphere is made out of? 2 parts nitrogen 1 part oxygen and last time i lit a match the atmosphere didnt explode! It by itself isn't very burn-able (it'll break up before it combusts), but when subject to high pressures and temperatures (such as in a combustion chamber) the molecule splits off the oxygen atom, which does burn extremely well.

The last bottle i saw had a little green triangle on it that said no flammable. The worst that could happen is it burn a hole in the bottle and it take off like a rocket.

nitrous isnt flammable anyways. it is an OXIDISER and N2O is the scientific name for nitrous and guess what our atmosphere is made out of? 2 parts nitrogen 1 part oxygen and last time i lit a match the atmosphere didnt explode! It by itself isn't very burn-able (it'll break up before it combusts), but when subject to high pressures and temperatures (such as in a combustion chamber) the molecule splits off the oxygen atom, which does burn extremely well.

The last bottle i saw had a little green triangle on it that said no flammable. The worst that could happen is it burn a hole in the bottle and it take off like a rocket.

even so, its probably not the best idea to be racing around the street with two lit torches in your car.

haha yeah the only real danger is from increasing the pressure too much and blowing the tank up. like said before N20 isn't a fuel it's an oxidizer. that said, i wish i had video or pictures of some guys (myself included) heating up propane tanks and spraypaint cans with tiger torches when i worked the oilfields up north. it was so cold the propane would stay liquid if you didn't keep heating the tank with the same flame it was producing for the tiger torch. now that scared me!

nitrous with a nitrous controller is just like boost...or turbo. whatever you would like. its sick and i think woody should get one. more spray an safer. alot of safety features an not a direct hit. good for traction an less wear on your motor. i will have one soon hopefully :)